This 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan features simple and delicious meals the whole family will love. It’s the perfect way to freshen up your dinner menu and fuel your body right. It’s FREE to everyone and includes a grocery list for each week.
This free meal plan was created in partnership with the Minnesota Beef Council and the Minnesota Pork Board.
PLUS to make it even better, we’ve teamed up with our favorite fitness trainer who put together a 4-Week Workout Challenge that includes a new workout for each day (minimal equipment needed, less than 45 minutes!), full-length videos for you to follow along and workouts that can be completed in the comfort of your own home! No gym membership required. Get all of the details, download links, and more in the post below.
What is the 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan?
The 4-Week Meal Plan is just like it sounds. A FREE 4-week meal plan that includes some of our most popular real food recipes plus a done-for-you grocery list created by our team of registered dietitians.
How Does The Free 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan Work?
We’ve planned 4 healthy, delicious dinners for you to make each week in whatever way works best for you – whether that’s a weekend meal prep or making the recipe start to finish each of the four days. Each week comes with a done-for- you grocery list. We also give you suggestions for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Feel free to take our suggestions and add the ingredients you’ll need to your grocery list, or browse our Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Snacks pages for even more ideas.
We know that putting a delicious, healthy meal on the table every night of the week can be a real challenge so we’ve kept this meal plan realistic with just 4 dinners and room to incorporate leftovers, a meal from the freezer, or takeout (because we all like a break from cooking once in a while). Feel free to move days around, double a recipe or two so you have more leftovers, or swap out some of the recipes altogether to use your family’s favorites.
On Sunday’s it’s “Build Your Own Meal (BYOM)” night. We encourage you to use what you have on hand or what needs to be used up from the week. Fill half your plate with veggies, a quarter with protein, and the final quarter with carbohydrate-rich foods like fruit, rice, sweet potatoes, etc. We also like to make sure to add a source of healthy, satisfying fats such as olive oil, some avocado, nuts, or cheese.
To see examples of our own meals, follow us on Instagram!
Click Here For Your FREE 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan #2 + Grocery List
What’s Included With The 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan:
With this 4 Week Real Food Meal Plan you’ll get:
- 4 delicious, family-friendly dinner recipes each week that are quick to make. Many of them can even be prepped ahead to help you get dinner on the table even faster
- Weekly grocery shopping list
- Suggestions for Breakfasts, Lunches, and Snacks listed below
- All recipes are gluten-free and have suggestions for dairy-free and other modifications
How about a workout challenge to go along with the meal plan?
You can’t beat the feeling of eating well and moving your body on a regular basis and sometimes it takes a good challenge to make it a habit! Lindsey Bomgren of Nourish Move Love has you covered!
These workouts are:
- Totally free and accessible to all fitness levels
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Full-length follow-along videos that come with each workout where Lindsey demonstrates every exercise and provides suggestions for modifications
Get Your FREE 4-Week At-Home Workout Plan Here
Who Is The Meal Plan For?
This healthy eating meal plan is for anyone who wants to take some of the guesswork out of healthy eating. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to spend hours each day in the kitchen. Our recipes are designed to be short on ingredients but big on flavor and easy enough for anyone to make. All of the recipes are gluten-free and we give suggestions for making them dairy-free whenever possible – but feel free to make your own ingredient swaps to suit your needs or use what you have on hand.
We’re not here to make healthy eating hard – we’re here to make it doable – and this 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan is the perfect way to help you get on track towards feeling your best and achieving your wellness goals. Pair it with Nourish Move Love’s Workout Challenge and you’re guaranteed to feel better and be on your way to your best self!
Tips For Following The Plan
- Take inventory of what you have on hand. This is an important step to take before you head to the grocery store. Note: many of the items on the grocery list are staple items like oils and seasonings. Add any additional items you need for the week.
- Plan when you’ll use leftovers, meals from the freezer, or takeout or delivery for dinner during the week.
- Double freezer-friendly recipes for meals later in the month – your future self will thank you!
- Choose breakfasts, lunches, and snacks that are simple, made with real food ingredients, and something you don’t mind repeating throughout the week. We do provide suggestions, but if you have a favorite breakfast, lunch, and/or snack by all means choose what will serve you best.
- Plan an hour or two to meal prep. We like to prep the ingredients just up to the point of cooking so that when we’re ready to make dinner, the bulk of the work is done yet you still get a freshly cooked meal to enjoy. To do this, review the recipes and pre-chop vegetables, get the meat thawing, make sauces and dressings, and make any snacks you plan to enjoy throughout the week. This is a great task to tackle on a Sunday and will save you a considerable amount of time during the week
Click Here For Your FREE 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan #2 + Grocery List
Healthy Meal Plan | Week 1
- Monday (Day 1) – Oven-Baked Pork Chops with Squash | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4 | serve with veggies of choice. Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Tuesday (Day 2) – Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Thighs with Broccoli | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4 | serve with mashed sweet potatoes. Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Wednesday (Day 3) – Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy | Total Time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low | Serves: 6 | serve over mashed potatoes and veggies of choice. See the notes section of the recipe card for Instant Pot instructions. Freezer-friendly.
- Thursday (Day 4) – Leftovers.
- Friday (Day 5) – Crockpot Green Chile Stew with Beans | Total Time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low | Serves: 6 | top with diced avocado, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and/or sliced jalapeno. This is a tasty and hearty plant-based recipe but if you’d like, feel free to add shredded chicken for an additional boost of protein. See the notes section of the recipe card for Instant Pot instructions. Freezer-friendly.
- Saturday (Day 6) – Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (Day 7) – BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click Here To Download Your Week 1 Grocery List
Healthy Meal Plan | Week 2
- Monday (Day 8) – Sheet Pan Pork Loin with Brussels and Apples | Total Time: 45-55 minutes | Serves: 4 | Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Tuesday (Day 9) – Crockpot Thai-Inspired Peanut Chicken | Total Time: 5 hours, 10 minutes | Serves: 6 | serve over rice or pad-Thai noodles and top with green onion, cilantro, and chopped peanuts. See the notes section of the recipe card for Stovetop instructions. Freezer-friendly.
- Wednesday (Day 10) – One-Skillet Zucchini Lasagna | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 6 | Enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day!
- Thursday (Day 11) – Leftovers
- Friday (Day 12) – Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajita Bowls | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4 | top with your favorite fajita fixings. Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Saturday (Day 13) – Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (Day 14) – BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click Here To Download Your Week 2 Grocery List
Healthy Meal Plan | Week 3
- Monday (Day 15) – Crockpot Pulled Pork with Honey Mustard Sauce | Total Time: 8-10 hours | Serves: 8 | serve it stuffed in sweet potato with slaw or side salad of choice. Pulled pork is freezer-friendly.
- Tuesday (Day 16) – Sheet Pan Greek Chicken with Veggies | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4 | top with tzatziki sauce. Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Wednesday (Day 17) – Easy Beef Taco Bowls | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 8 | serve over greens, rice or cauliflower rice and top with your favorite taco fixings. Taco meat is freezer-friendly.
- Thursday (Day 18) – Leftovers
- Friday (Day 19) – Sheet Pan Baked Salmon with Vegetables | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4 | Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Saturday (Day 20) – Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (Day 21) – BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click Here To Download Your Week 3 Grocery List
Healthy Meal Plan | Week 4
- Monday (Day 22) – Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Kielbasa and Vegetables | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4 | Double the recipe if cooking for a larger family or you would like to have enough for leftovers to enjoy for lunch.
- Tuesday (Day 23) – Noodle-Free Chicken Pad Thai | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4-5 | top with cilantro, chopped cashews, and/or green onion.
- Wednesday (Day 24) – Crockpot Bean & Beef Chili | Total Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes | Serves: 8 | top with your favorite chili fixings. Freezer-friendly.
- Thursday (Day 25) – Leftovers
- Friday (Day 26) – Sheet Pan Veggie Shawarma with Lemon Tahini Dressing | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4 | top with lemon wedge, fresh herbs, chopped cashews, and/or toasted sesame seeds. This is a tasty and hearty plant-based recipe but if you’d like, feel free to add chicken, fish, or steak for an additional boost of protein.
- Saturday (Day 27) – Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (Day 28) – BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click Here To Download Your Week 4 Grocery List
If you’re looking for meal suggestions for Breakfast, Lunch and Snack, look no further! We put together this list of our personal favorites from the blog:
4 Meal Prep-friendly Breakfast ideas:
- Healthy Make-Ahead Frozen Smoothie Packs
- Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Sausage Hash Brown Egg Muffins
4 Meal Prep-friendly Lunch ideas:
- Chinese-Inspired Chicken Salad
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
4 Meal prep-friendly Snack ideas:
- Monster Cookie Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 5-Ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 5-Ingredient Go-To Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Other Meal Plan Resources You Might Like:
- 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan with Grocery List
- 4-Week Healthy Meal Plan with Grocery List
- 6 Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Recipes
- Weekend Meal Prep Plan
Pin It Now To Make It Later!
Minnesota Beef Council
The Minnesota Beef Council is dedicated to strengthening beef demand by responsibly providing a safe, wholesome, healthy and delicious eating experience.
The Minnesota Beef Council is funded and managed by beef farmers and ranchers. The Council provides beef promotion, marketing, research and education programs for beef and beef products.
Minnesota Pork Board
The Minnesota Pork Board (MPB) is funded by the 3,000 pig farming families in Minnesota and offers unique value to farmers and consumers through research, education, and promotion of pork.
Leave a Comment