A 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan featuring flavorful, simple, and light recipes that are perfect for spring and summer! This meal plan is FREE to everyone and includes a grocery list for each week. Pair it with workouts from our favorite trainer to help you really feel good from the inside out. Along with this meal plan, you’ll also get a free workout plan that includes full-length videos to follow along with, a new 30-minute or less workout for each day requiring minimal equipment. And all of the workouts can be completed in the comfort of your own home (or your backyard). Get all of the details, download links, and more in the post below.
This free meal plan was created in partnership with the Primal Kitchen Foods and Traeger.
What is the 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan?
The 2-Week Healthy Eating Meal Plan is just like it sounds – 2 weeks of healthy recipes planned for you created by Dietitians, Jess & Stacie. We’ve done some of the heavy lifting for you by planning 4 healthy dinners each week (with weekly grocery lists) plus given you suggestions for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. And because summer is just around the corner, this meal plan features recipes that are fresh, light, and flavorful. Think grill food, salads, fresh bowls, etc.
This meal plan is meant to be flexible to fit your lifestyle and family needs. The reason we leave breakfast, lunch, and snacks open for you to plan, is because we know that many individuals have their go-to’s when it comes to these meals. For example, you may enjoy a smoothie for breakfast every morning or maybe a big salad or leftovers for lunch. We want this plan to work for you!
Our goal with this meal plan is that it is realistic for you to follow and that it doesn’t require you to make a new recipe for every meal of the day. That being said, we decided to focus on what tends to be the biggest pain point when it comes to meal planning – dinners.
Click here to download your FREE 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan
What’s included with the Healthy Meal Plan:
With the 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan you’ll get:
- 4 delicious, family-friendly dinner recipes each week that are light, fresh, and flavorful
- Weekly grocery shopping list
- Suggestions for Breakfasts, Lunches, and Snacks each week
- All recipes are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free
Plus, you’ll also get:
- The 2-Week Free Workout Plan created by personal trainer Lindsey Bomgren of Nourish Move Love. These workouts are totally free, accessible to all fitness levels, require minimal equipment, and can be done in the comfort of your own home (or backyard) on your schedule. You’ll also love the full-length follow-along videos that come with each workout. Lindsey will demonstrate every exercise and provide suggestions for modifications. She will be saying “holy bananas!” right along with you, at some point in every workout!
Click here to get the 2-Week Workout Plan
And don’t miss out on a limited time deal! Now through May 24th, 2021 get 20% off on Primal Kitchen Foods products with code: REALFOODRDFAVORITES
A special thanks to Primal Kitchen Foods and Traeger for sponsoring
- Primal Kitchen Foods is our go-to when it comes to certain pantry staples, pre-made dressings, marinades, and sauces as well as collagen peptides. We are big fans of the ingredients that Primal Kitchen carefully selects to make each product delicious and something you can feel good about eating and cooking with. You won’t find any artificial flavors or ingredients in these products and many of them are made with no added sugar. Click here to take a peek at our favorite Primal Kitchen products and if you can also take advantage of an incredible deal going on right now!
- While you don’t need specialty products to follow this meal plan, for your convenience we include a list below of all of the Primal Kitchen products that can be used to make this meal plan even easier to follow. Lastly, many stores are carrying Primal Kitchen Products around the nation now so to find a store near you, click here.
- If you follow us on Instagram you know we love our Traeger Pellet Grills. From smoking to grilling and even baking, it does it all. We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Traeger to feature our love for grilling. Yes, if you’re a female, you can grill, too! If you’re intimidated by the thought of grilling, rest assured. Traeger has an app that makes it incredibly approachable and is filled with all kinds of tasty recipes that can be filtered by cooking level, time, protein option, and recipe type. If you’re still feeling intimated by the grill and specifically a Traeger Pellet Grill, come on over to our Instagram where we cook up our favorite grill and smoked recipes on the regular and show you just how easy, fun and, of course, delicious grilling can be.
- If you’re interested in purchasing a Traeger Pellet Grill, we recommend either the Pro Series or Ironwood Series. To learn more about Traeger click here.
Who is the Meal Plan for?
This healthy eating meal plan is for anyone who wants to take some of the guesswork out of healthy meal planning. Don’t worry, we never expect you to spend hours each day in the kitchen. We don’t have time to do that ourselves and we certainly don’t expect that from you either.
Our recipes are designed to be short on ingredients but big on flavor and easy enough for anyone to make. All of the recipes are gluten-free and we give suggestions for making them dairy-free whenever possible – but feel free to make your own ingredient swaps to suit your needs or use what you have on hand.
We’re not here to make healthy eating hard – we’re here to make it doable and fun – and this 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan is the perfect way to help you feel Summer-ready from the inside out and on your way to achieving your wellness goals whatever they may be. Pair it with Nourish Move Love’s Workout Challenge and you’re guaranteed to feel better and be on your way to your best self!
We encourage you to commit to 14 days of following this healthy meal plan and Nourish Move Love’s workout plan! At the end of the 14 days, we would love for you to comment below and let us know how you feel!
How does the 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan work?
Each week we’ve planned 4 healthy, delicious dinners for you to make in whatever way works best for you – whether that’s weekend batch-cooking, prepping the ingredients ahead so they’re ready when you are, or making the recipe start to finish each of the four days.
Since we don’t expect you to cook seven days of the week, we’ve built in days for using leftovers, making your own favorite recipes, or even getting takeout or delivery (because we all like a break from cooking once in a while). Feel free to move days around, double a recipe or two so you have more leftovers, or swap out some of the recipes altogether to use your family’s favorites.
On Sunday’s it’s “Build Your Own Meal (BYOM)” night. We encourage you to use what you have on hand or what needs to be used up from the week. Fill half your plate with veggies, a quarter with protein, and the final quarter with carbohydrate-rich foods like fruit, rice, sweet potatoes, etc. We also like to make sure to add a source of healthy, satisfying fats such as olive oil, some avocado, nuts, or cheese.
To see examples of our own meals, follow us on Instagram!
Tips for Following the plan
- Take inventory of what you have on hand. This is an important step to take before you head to the grocery store. Many of the items on the grocery list are staple items like oils and seasonings.
- Add or subtract from your grocery list to account for what you already have and what you need for recipes that aren’t part of the meal plan.
- Plan when you’ll use leftovers, meals from the freezer, or takeout or delivery for dinner during the week.
- Don’t be afraid to double freezer-friendly recipes for meals later in the month – your future self will thank you!
- Choose breakfasts, lunches, and snacks that are simple, made with real food ingredients, and something you don’t mind repeating throughout the week. The key here is that these meals are simple. So while we provide suggestions, if you have a favorite breakfast, lunch, and/or snack by all means choose what will serve you best.
- Review the recipes and pre-chop vegetables. This is a great task to tackle on a Sunday and will save you a considerable amount of time during the week.
Click here to download your FREE 2-Week Healthy Meal Plan
Now through May 24th, 2021 get 20% off on Primal Kitchen Foods products with code: REALFOODRDFAVORITES
HEALTHY MEAL PLAN | WEEK 1
- Monday (day 1): Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa | Total Time: 90 minutes | Serves: 8 | No Instant Pot? No Problem. Try our Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa | Top with Primal Kitchen Cilantro-Lime Dressing and Marinade and don’t forget to add any additional ingredients to your grocery list that you would like to serve with the Beef Barbacoa. See recipe for ideas.
- Tuesday (day 2): Greek Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves:4-5 | Looking for a short-cut? Substitute Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette and Marinade for the homemade marinade the recipe calls for.
- Wednesday (day 3): Leftovers
- Thursday (day 4): Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Avocado Green Sauce | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 8 | Looking for a short-cut? Instead of the Avocado Green Sauce, top with Primal Kitchens Classic BBQ Sauce | We like to serve this with Grilled Asparagus and baby red potatoes.
- Friday (day 5): Salmon Caesar Salad Grain Bowl | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4-5 | If you’re not fond of salmon, this recipe is also great with Grilled or Rotisserie Chicken, Shrimp, or omit for a meatless option.
- Saturday (day 6): Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (day 7): BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click here to download Week 1 Grocery List
Breakfast, Lunch & Snack Ideas | Week 1
- Breakfast: Mixed Berry Chia Pudding | Total Time: 5 minutes + setting time | Serves: 4 | Made with Primal Kitchen Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- Lunch: Strawberry Chicken Poppy Seed Salad | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serve: 4 | A great way to use up leftover grilled chicken. Made with Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Snack: Almond Joy Energy Bites | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serve: 16 | Made with Primal Kitchen Unflavored Collagen Peptides
Get all of the Primal Kitchen products mentioned above in week 1 for 20% off now through May 24th. Click here (discount automatically applied in cart).
HEALTHY MEAL PLAN | WEEK 2
- Monday (day 8): Grilled Steak Kebabs | Total Time: 25 minutes + marinating time | Serves: 4 | Feel free to double this recipe – leftovers make for great salad toppers! Serve with Broccoli Cauliflower Salad | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6-8
- Tuesday (day 9): Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma Bowls | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 4 | Like the Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa, Cilantro-Lime Dressing & Marinade makes for a great addition to these bowls!
- Wednesday (day 10): Leftovers
- Thursday (day 11): Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4-5 | Serve in a lettuce wrap or on a bun with toppings of choice – See recipe for topping ideas. Be sure to add anything you plan to serve with the burgers to your grocery list. Serve with Baked Carrot Fries
- Friday (day 12): Greek Quinoa Salad with Avocado | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4 | Looking for a short-cut? Substitute Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette and Marinade for the homemade marinade the recipe calls for. For a boost of protein add grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or garbanzo beans.
- Saturday (day 13): Leftovers or Takeout
- Sunday (day 14): BYOM (build your own meal) or make your favorite recipe
Click here to download Week 2 Grocery List
Breakfast, Lunch & Snack Ideas | Week 2
- Breakfast: Banana-Berry Smoothie | Total Time: 5 minutes | Serve: 1-2 | For a boost of protein add Primal Kitchen Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- Lunch: Chinese-Inspired Chicken Salad | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serve: 6 | Looking for a short-cut? Instead of the homemade dressing the recipe calls for, try Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette and Marinade
- Snack: Mini Peanut Butter Protein Bites | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 24
Get all of the Primal Kitchen products mentioned above in Week 2 for 20% off now through May 24th (discount automatically applied in cart). Click here.
Other Meal Plan Resources:
Top 10 Tips for Achieving your Wellness Goals
- Start small – Choose one goal to work on at a time. For example, aim to eat regular meals and snacks vs. grazing or aim to workout 3 days a week rather than setting an unrealistic goal of 5 days a week if you’re new to exercise or have taken a break from it.
- Make simple swaps – If you normally start your day with 2 slices of toast (low in protein and nutrients), try replacing one of the slices with a cup of fresh fruit. You also can add an egg or a piece of string cheese to bump up the nutrition. The key is to make simple swaps that don’t require you to overhaul all of your habits at once, which can be overwhelming.
- Aim for progress, not perfection – Consistency is key. Small behaviors, like filling half of your plate with plants at every meal, having a quality source of protein with every meal, or setting aside 30 minutes a day to move your body, when done consistently will add up over time.
- Get enough sleep – Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night while also aiming for sleep consistency (going to bed and waking at the same time each day)
- Find an accountability partner and/or involve the family – We all know how helpful it can be to have someone to remind you of why your goals are important to you. Enlist a friend (or several) and your family members to join you in the challenge. Eating healthier and moving more benefits everyone!
- Have a plan – It’s true that failing to plan is planning to fail so we encourage you to take a little time each week to make a plan for the week ahead whether that’s making a grocery list, doing the grocery shopping, or getting a jump start on meal prepping by chopping and prepping ingredients to help you get meals on the table faster.
- Make it sustainable – This piggybacks on the idea of starting small but it’s probably one of the most important things to consider when you decide which habits or changes to work on first. The best habits to have are the ones that you can easily do and do for the long haul. True change, when it comes to your health, comes with consistency so developing habits that are sustainable are key.
- Don’t rely on motivation – Motivation (like willpower) can only get you so far. When it’s gone, it’s hard to find it again so our tip is to rely on discipline rather than motivation. When you make meal planning and prepping a habit you’re more likely to just do it even when you don’t ‘feel like it’.
- Set performance goals – While it may be tempting to set a goal of ‘losing weight’ that kind of goal is ambiguous and often leads to throwing in the towel and creates mental stress and fatigue. We recommend setting performance goals instead. Some examples include, “Doing 10 push-ups from my toes”, “Run a mile without stopping”, “Complete a 10-mile hike”, “Complete the 4-Week Workout Plan from Nourish Move Love”, etc.
- Show yourself some grace – While it’s great to have a plan and strategies to make it all happen, sometimes the unexpected happens. Your week gets ridiculously busy at work, your kids get sick…you get it. Resist the temptation to throw in the towel and instead recognize that this is just a hiccup. Show yourself the kind of grace and compassion you would show a friend or family member and just pick up where you left off.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Primal Kitchen Foods and Traeger. All words and opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Food RDs!
Leave a Comment