Say goodbye to ‘healthy’, store-purchased dressings that come with a long list of unknown ingredients, and say hello to this Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing. It’s made with only real food ingredients including yogurt and a flavorful blend of herbs and seasonings. It’s easy to make and perfect for dressing a salad, dunking veggies into, or serving with your favorite dishes. If you’re looking for a dairy-free and Whole30 ranch option, you’ll want to try our Paleo Ranch Dressing.
Less than 10 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time to make this delicious Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing!
It really is that simple; add the ingredients to a bowl, give them a good stir, and let it chill. I like to make a couple of dressings on the weekend, during my meal prep, to have on hand for adding to meals throughout the week. Ranch almost always makes the cut. It’s not just delicious—it’s also incredibly versatile because it can be enjoyed in many different ways.
This post may contain affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing ingredients
- Organic plain yogurt – favorite brands include Organic Valley, Kalona SuperNatural, or Stoneyfield. Greek yogurt could also work in this recipe, but I prefer non-Greek for a smooth consistency. For a more dip-like ranch, Greek would be a great option!
- Organic sour cream – substitute mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.
- Apple cider vinegar – substitute white vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Dried dill
- Dried parsley
- Dried chives – could omit if you don’t have on hand
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- Milk or buttermilk – optional ingredient to achieve thinner consistency
How to make and store Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing?
It’s incredibly easy! First, add the yogurt, sour cream, and vinegar to a bowl. Then add the magical mix of dried herbs and seasonings and mix well. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. This time is important as it allows the yogurt and sour cream to soak up the flavors from the herbs and seasonings. After the chill time, you may add 1 tablespoon at a time of milk or buttermilk to reach your desired consistency. This ranch will keep well in the fridge for one week. I like to store it in a mason jar or glass container.
You may want to double this recipe!
Ranch is a staple ingredient for many, and I’m going to guess it’s THE most popular dressing of all flavors. This recipe makes about one cup, so if you have some ranch fanatics in your household, I’d suggest doubling this recipe so that it lasts longer than a day or two. There are countless ways ranch can be enjoyed, and some folks can really get creative with how they incorporate it into their meals.
Ways to enjoy Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing
As mentioned above, there are countless ways to enjoy ranch dressing. Here are just a few:
- Drizzle on a salad and toss
- Make a creamy chicken, egg salad, or tuna salad with it
- Use it as a dip for raw or cooked veggies, crackers or meat
- Add it to a sandwich or wrap
- Top it on a baked potato or add it our Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potato with Ranch
- With anything pizza flavored like Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Bake or Pizza Sweet Potato Bites
- With anything buffalo flavored like Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Strips, or Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- With dishes like Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake, Ultimate Meal Prep Meatballs, Garlic Roasted Radishes, Crispy Garlic Ranch Roasted Potatoes, Garlic Roasted Root Vegetable Fries, BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad, or 5-Ingredient Creamy Ranch Broccoli Slaw
Other Healthy Homemade Dressings
Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing
Say goodbye to ‘healthy’, store-purchased dressings that come with a long list of unknown ingredients and hello to this Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing made with only real food ingredients including yogurt and a flavorful blend of herbs and seasonings. It’s easy to make and perfect for dressing a salad, dunking veggies into or serving with your favorite dishes.
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) organic plain yogurt
- ¼ cup organic sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Fresh chives and/or parsley for sprinkling on top
- Optional: milk or buttermilk for thinner consistency
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Optional step: for thinner consistency, add 1 tablespoon at time of milk or buttermilk until desired consistency is achieved.
- To serve, garnish with fresh parsley or fresh chives.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
- Calories: 30
- Fat: 2 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Carbohydrate: 2 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 1 g)
- Protein: 1 g
Pin now, make later.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Leave a Comment