Bring back pizza night with these Whole30 friendly, Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Pizza Bites. A sensible, pizza inspired recipe that will please any crowd!
Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Pizza Bites can be served as a hearty entrée or as a tasty appetizer at a party. Drizzle the bites with Primal Kitchen Ranch and you’ve got yourself that uniquely delicious and popular combo of pizza and ranch.
Yes, that’s right! Whole30 friendly.
As you know, we stand behind Whole30! It’s the nutrition reset that changed our health for the better and one we continue to do once or twice a year. September Whole30, anyone?! Because we’ve done several Whole30’s, we also understand the challenges that come with it. We know that Whole30’ers tend to get board of what they’re eating or miss certain foods (insert pizza).
That’s why our mission is to continue to share tips, motivation, easy recipes and meal plans that will help you successfully complete a Whole30 without getting board of food, overwhelmed by the ‘rules’, or without having to spend endless hours in the kitchen. Rather, we want to set you up for a successful Whole30!
These Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Pizza bites are indeed Whole30! We’ve made them Whole30 by whipping together a simple homemade pizza sauce using tomato paste and seasonings (most pizza sauces have added sweeteners), using sweet potato rounds as the crust, skipping the cheese and drizzling with Primal Kitchen Ranch instead. We promise Whole30’ers, you won’t miss the cheese!Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Bites. A sensible, @Whole30 friendly pizza inspired recipe that will please any crowd! Click To Tweet
Serve these pizza bites with a side salad for a very delicious, Whole30 compliant meal and a meal that your entire family will enjoy or serve them at a party for a tasty, crowd pleasing appetizer.
Disclaimer: While we feel this recipe is different enough and MUCH MORE nutritious compared to the pizza that shows up at your door step, if you’re on a Whole30 and you feel this recipe will send you on a downward spiral back to your late night pizza eating sessions; we recommend saving this recipe for life after your Whole30.
Alright, alright…we get it! You want cheese. If you’re not Whole30’ing OR a member of your family wants cheese on their Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Pizza Bites, then by all means, add a little cheese. We typically make half of the pizza bites with cheese and half without cheese. Customize the pizza toppings to whatever makes your taste buds sing…the options are endless.
Midwest friends! Primal Kitchen products are available at Hy-Vee grocery stores!
If you live in the midwest, lucky for you because Primal Kitchen products, are available at Hy-Vee grocery stores. It’s so great to see that our favorite Primal Kitchen products are becoming more accessible. Each Hy-Vee determines their own stock so we can’t guarantee that you’ll find Primal Kitchen products at your Hy-Vee. If you discover that it’s not available at your local Hy-Vee, we suggest that you put in a request to the Health Market Manager or Dietitian. There’s a good chance that if there are enough requests for a product, they’ll accommodate to their customers wishes. So encourage your friends to request it, too!
If you’re not able to find Primal Kitchen products near you, you can also order them online. Click here.
Use coupon code: REALFOODRDS for 10% off of your order.
Heat up those ovens, folks! It’s time to give these Chicken Supreme Sweet Potato Pizza Bites a try!
Prep ahead tip: For an easy pizza assembly, prep ahead the chicken and sauce a day or two before.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 24 ¼ -½ inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast (may use leftover chicken)
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup canned black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch (or homemade Paleo Ranch Dressing)
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice (optional – omit for Whole30 or dairy-free)
For the sauce:
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, if not using leftover chicken, cook the chicken. You can do this on the stove if you wish. Preheat pan to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add 2-3 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Add chicken. Cook for about 1 minute on each side and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. When chicken is done (internal temp reaches 165 degrees), keep covered for about 5 minutes and then chop or shred the chicken. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the peppers, onions and olives. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and then turn off heat. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking and sweet potatoes are in the oven. Make the pizza sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients. When sauce is heated through, remove from heat. Add additional water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- To Assemble pizza, top sweet potato rounds with sauce. Top sauce with chicken mixture and optional cheese. Place back into oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated through (or cheese is melted).
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen ranch and enjoy!
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe - 4 rounds (without cheese)
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 450
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- (Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 20 g
Let us know if you give this recipe a try and what you choose for toppings!
Pin now to make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Primal Kitchen. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.