One-pan Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake is a flavor-packed meal that will likely become a new family favorite and addition to your menu rotation!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Tessemae’s.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake is a busy moms dream meal! It’s made with just 7-ingredients and taste delicious!
We, The Real Food Dietitians, keep busy schedules in mind. It’s always our goal to create recipes with less than 10 ingredients. We’re all about keeping it simple in the kitchen so that you have more time in the day to be ‘mom’ or ‘dad’, to spend more time outdoors, to be active and to simply do the things you love & enjoy most! This Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake fits the bill of a simple and easy recipe and it won’t keep you in the kitchen all.day.long! And really, who doesn’t love the flavor combo of chicken, bacon and ranch?!
Speaking of ranch! I didn’t use any ol’ ranch dressing in this recipe.
Tessemae’s ranch isn’t your ordinary ranch. It’s dairy-free, soy free, sugar-free, low in sodium, and paleo-friendly (not egg-free). It’s made with ONLY ingredients you can pronounce and it’s dang delicious. One of my top tips to eating a diet in whole, real foods is to always read the ingredients on packaged foods. If you can’t pronounce one or you’re unsure of the ingredient, play it safe and leave it on the shelf where it most likely belongs.
A question us Real Food Dietitians we are asked often is – “What are healthy, store-purchased dressings and condiments”?
Welp, here’s your answer friends…..Tessemae’s! They have an entire line of dressings and condiments and each one is made with clean ingredients that you can pronounce. #realfoodRDapproved.
Where to purchase Tessemae’s?
Tessemae’s is carried nationwide in grocery stores. If you aren’t able to find Tessemae’s in your area, the dressings and condiments are available online.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake is a one-dish wonder!
Part of keeping meals simple is not only keeping the number of ingredients at minimum but also dirtying as few dishes, pots, pans, and cooking utensils as possible because it makes for a quicker kitchen clean-up. Yes, please! When making Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake you can toss everything together on a sheet pan. No need to dirty a bowl!
If you’d like to use boneless, skinless chicken breast, you certainly can. I however, prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as they have a slightly higher fat content creating a more tender baked chicken. Dry chicken is not my jam.
It’s very possible that Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake will be the newest favorite meal in your family! Kids and hubbies will love this recipe! And even if you’re cooking for one, this recipe is perfect to make during your weekend meal prep. For example, I like to prep a couple of meals on Sunday that will last me throughout the week and this recipe just so happens to be a perfect meal prep recipe that tastes great re-heated.One-pan Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake is @whole30 friendly and will surely be a hit for the entire fam! @tessemaes Click To Tweet
Wait no longer and add this One-pan Chicken Bacon Ranch Sweet Potato Bake to your menu.
This recipe is whole30 & paleo friendly, gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3–3 1/2 cups small cubes)
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 slices no-sugar added bacon, chopped (Recommend: whole30 compliant Applegate Bacon)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil + additional oil for chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1 1/2–2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone in/skin on (5 chicken thighs)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup Tessemae’s Ranch Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green beans, red onion, bacon, and fresh thyme to the sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado oil and toss to coat (because of the bacon, you just need a little oil).
- With a paper towel, soak up as much liquid as you can from the chicken thighs. Spread out veggies to make a space for each chicken thigh. Place on pan. Brush with a little oil.
- Dash all sheet pan contents with sea salt and pepper and a little extra thyme or twigs of thyme if you wish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Toss veggies a couple of times during baking time.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with ranch and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
**You may use boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breast in this recipe. The time might need to be adjusted or you may need to remove the chicken from the pan/oven and cover with foil to keep warm while the veggies continue to bake until done to your liking.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 24 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Carbohydrate: 25 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 33 g
We want to know, what do you put YOUR ranch on?!
Pin now to make later.
This post was made possible by our friends at Tessemae’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we works with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.