Sweet potatoes, mushrooms, kale, bacon…oh my! This Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon is flavorful, super simple and delicious.
An oldie but a goodie!
This Sweet Potato Hash recipe is one of our go-to’s and one of the very first recipes I created (Take a look at this photo that I shared on Instagram a few years back before this blog even existed…oh my). I love that this recipe is super simple, healthy and so delicious and it happens to be one of our most popular recipes. Our guess is that you all love recipes that include sweet potato and/or bacon, because those recipes always seem to catch your attention and become our most popular. We don’t blame ya!
Hash’s always make for a delicious dish, whether you’re serving it for company, for breakfast, as a dinner side dish or including it in your meal prep. You know we love our weekend meal preps (read our top 10 meal prep tips)! Our favorite recipes are ones that taste just as good re-heated and this Sweet Potato Hash is definitely one of them. Cook once, eat twice…yes please! We suggest that you include this Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon during your next weekend meal prep! This recipe also works well with potatoes or winter squash. Use what you’ve got on hand, yo!Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon makes for a tasty @whole30 friendly breakfast option. Click To Tweet
Serve em’ up!
My favorite way to serve this Sweet Potato Hash is to top it with one or two fried eggs that are cooked to your liking. So stinkin’ good! However, if eggs do not agree with you, like in Jess’s case, it’s quite tasty as is, making this a perfect egg-free breakfast option. (Jessica likes hers with a big slice of tomato and a spoonful of her homemade sauerkraut on the side.)
If you love the sounds of this hash, we also recommend that you try our Tex Mex Sweet Potato Hash and Brussels Sprouts, Sausage, Sweet Potato Hash.
Sweet Potato Hash
This recipes is a definite favorite and will most likely become a staple on your menu. The combined ingredients in this dish makes it burst with flavor. And we’ve added bacon to it….because everything’s better with bacon!
- 1 ½ Tbsp. avocado oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups spinach or kale, chopped
- 3 strips cooked uncured bacon, diced (omit if vegetarian or vegan)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup cheese of choice^ (optional) ^omit for dairy-free and Whole30 friendly.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. cooking fat in large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and sauté for about 12-15 min or cooked through. Cooking time will depend on size of sweet potato cubes are.
- Add remaining ½ Tbsp. of cooking fat, onions, red pepper, garlic and mushroom, sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach or kale, bacon, salt and pepper and sauté until greens are wilted.
- Top with optional cheese and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g)
- Protein: 4g
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it!
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Leave a Comment