Buffalo wings meets sweet potato fries in these Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
All the Buffalo things
If you’ve been following us for the past year or so you’ll know that we love our Buffalo sauce. It’s appeared in everything from an easy slow cooker meal to a stuffed spaghetti squash dish to dipping sauce and even a gluten-free snack mix. We’ve even gone so far as to making a spicy, gut-healing latte with it. KIDDING! We didn’t do that. But now that I have your attention…
Let’s talk about these Buffalo Chicken Sliders with two saucy options – Blue cheese or creamy ranch. The Blue cheese is for those of us that love a little stinky cheese with our Buffalo (I’m raising both hands over here) and the Ranch is for the stinky cheese-abstainers (that’d be Stacie). And the ranch also happens to be a Whole30-compliant option so we call raise our hands for that one. Boom!
Even naked, these babies are the bomb
But that blue cheese dressing though. It’s the perfect compliment to the spicy Buffalo sauce. For this recipe I used Tessemae’s new Organic Blue Cheese Dressing because Buffalo + blue cheese is like peanut butter + jelly at our house. Non-negotiable.
As if the blue cheese dressing wasn’t enough, I had to take it over the top and sprinkle the whole mess with blue cheese crumbles. Somebody cue the choir of angels – we’ve got total buffalo chicken slider heaven going on here.
Unless, of course, you’re Stacie and you’re not a fan of blue cheese and you HAVE to take the test bite for the photo because the person behind the camera is deathly allergic to the egg in the dressing and her hubby can’t seem to restrain himself enough to not put the entire slider in his mouth… ???? Way to take one for the team, Stacie!
And if that’s not convincing enough, they’re a great recipe for a weekend meal prep session: Prepare the burgers as directed then store in the fridge until ready to reheat and eat. You can bake the sweet potatoes ahead of time too if you don’t mind them being a little soft after reheating. Alternatively, you can place the unbaked sweet potato rounds in a bag in the fridge until you’re ready to eat then bake them which means you’ll be able to get dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
To bun or not to bun
The sweet potato buns are easy to make and they’re a tasty and convenient way to wrangle some of the delicious, drippy mess but they’re not mandatory. If you’re pressed for time or don’t want to turn on the oven because it’s too hot to really cook – then toss the burgers onto a bed of greens with extra veggies and call it a salad.
But if you’ve got the time, make the buns. They make the whole experience almost too good to be true.
- 1 lb. ground chicken (light or dark meat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2–3 Tbsp.Tessemae’s Hot Buffalo Sauce (or make your own using our Buffalo Sauce recipe)
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into ¼-inch rounds (with skin intact)
- ¼ cup Tessemae’s Blue Cheese Dressing (or Ranch Dressing for Whole30)
- Optional toppings: Sliced tomatoes, leaf lettuce, sliced onion, avocado slices, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, flipping them over halfway through baking time.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic, green onions, buffalo sauce, almond flour and black pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 400℉)
- Divide chicken mixture into 8 portions. Flatten them into patties. When grill is hot, place patties over direct heat. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through but not overcooked.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 burger patties + 4 sweet potato rounds + 1 Tbsp. Blue cheese dressing
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g)
- Protein: 24g
Ranch or Blue cheese? How do you roll when it comes to Buffalo chicken? Share in the comments!
Pin now to make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Tessemae’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.