Add more veggies to your plate with this delicious Apple Broccoli Cauliflower Salad that’s tossed in a homemade creamy lemony dressing.
let’s talk about this Apple Broccoli Cauliflower Salad!It’s a tasty and easy way to increase your veggie intake.
This Apple Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is hearty enough to meal prep on the weekend and enjoy for 3-4 days after, and it’s an easy and delicious way to add more veggies to your plate. It also makes for a crowd-pleasing salad to serve at a dinner with friends and/or family.
Tossed in a Creamy Lemon Dressing
Not only is this Apple Broccoli Cauliflower Salad incredibly tasty, it’s also incredibly nutritious with the fiber and antioxidant-rich ingredients of broccoli, cauliflower and apple as well as healthy fats from the nuts. For nut-free, use sunflower seeds. For egg-free, use an egg-free mayo and for dairy-free omit the feta cheese.
- 4–5 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bites size pieces (10–12 ounce bag)
- 2 1/2–3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into bite size pieces (10 ounce bag)
- 1 medium apple, diced (1 1/2 – 2 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2–3 green onion, thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Made In Nature No Sugar Cranberries for Whole30)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (omit for dairy-free or Whole30)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted almonds, roughly chopped (may substitute walnuts, pecans, or sunflower seed for nut free, etc.)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayo (use egg-free mayo for vegan)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the mayo and continue to whisk until well combine, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the salad ingredients – broccoli, cauliflower, apple, red onion, celery, green onion, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and almonds or walnuts.
- Add the dressing to the large bowl and toss until well combined. Let salad sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow veggies to marinate in the dressing (optional step but recommended)
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
Prep tip: This salad can be prepped a day in advance. Combine the salad ingredient in a bowl except for the almonds. Toss the apple in a little lemon juice before adding to the bowl. About a 1/2 hour before serving add the almonds and the dressing to the bowl and toss until well everything is coated and well-combine.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe (1 cup)
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 20 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Carbohydrate: 13 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 7 g)
- Protein: 4 g
Pin now to enjoy later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!