If you’re missing that frothy coffee house latte this ultra-creamy Cinnamon Coconut Latte will fill that void for a fraction of the cost! Plus it leaves you satisfied longer thanks to the addition of blood sugar-stabilizing fats.
Better coffee = A better day
I don’t know about you, but my morning cup of coffee can literally set the tone for my entire day. If it’s ‘off’ or, GASP, non-existent, it’s just not going to be a great day.
Few things are as satisfying as a really good cup of coffee to start the day—especially now with so much uncertainty in the world. And while you may already have a good thing going with your morning cup, we think you should give this Cinnamon Coconut Latte a try for a few reasons:
- It’s delicious.
- It’s incredibly creamy without the cream—making it perfect for anyone on a dairy-free diet (see recipe notes below for a dairy-free version) or those times when you can’t make it to the store for cream or half and half.
- It’s filling thanks to a little fat.
- It can help stabilize blood sugars (also thanks to slow-digesting fat).
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
Creamy, Frothy, Satisfying
Normally coffee is served with a meal but, let’s be honest, sometimes it IS the meal—especially for parents (or entrepreneurs, or those with long commutes, or those who aren’t a fan of breakfast).
While neither of us practices intermittent fasting, sometimes it just happens as working moms. Or when we travel. So adding a little extra fat to our morning coffee helps fend off the ‘hangries’ and keeps us going for a couple of hours until we can sit down for a real breakfast.
- High-quality, organic coffee – Like all things you put in your body, a good rule of thumb is to get the best quality you can source and afford. This is especially true when it comes to coffee since coffee beans are the most heavily sprayed crops we as humans consume (and it’s the third most sprayed agricultural crop behind cotton and tobacco). For this reason, we make organic coffee a priority. Purity Coffee is our coffee of choice because in addition to being organic it’s free of mold and mycotoxins.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain triglycerides (which are metabolized differently than other fats making them a quick source of energy). It also lends the drink a mild and pleasant coconut taste.
- Butter – Butter is a rich source of several vitamins including vitamins A, D, E, B12, and K2.
- Non-dairy milk of choice – Adding a splash of milk (non-dairy or dairy) is optional but gives this Cinnamon Coconut Latte an extra bit of creaminess.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and may reduce inflammation. It’s also delicious!
- Vanilla – Vanilla makes this sugar-free beverage taste a little sweet despite the absence of sweetener. Of course, if you’d like yours sweeter, feel free to add a little honey or maple syrup before blending.
Save 20% on your next Purity Coffee order using code REALFOODRDS at checkout
Blend, Blend, Baby
Tossing everything into the blender makes this Cinnamon Coconut Latte quick and easy. While we highly recommend a good blender, you can use an immersion blender with good results (blending the coffee in a jar rather than your cup will help prevent a big mess). As a last resort, you can use a battery-operated handheld frother, but you won’t get nearly as much thick and creamy froth on top (but it will work for travel or camping when you need your Cinnamon Coconut Latte fix)!
- 12 ounces strongly brewed coffee (we like Purity Organic dark roast)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½-1 teaspoon ghee or unsalted grass-fed butter (for a vegan or dairy-free option replace with coconut oil)
- ¼–½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk (optional-adds more creaminess)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional; Omit for vegan or vegetarian)
- Brew coffee in a coffee maker or French press.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 15-30 seconds until creamy and frothy.
- Pour into a coffee mug, dust with additional cinnamon, if desired, and enjoy.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1 latte (with dairy-free milk)
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 13 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Carbohydrate: 1 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 0 g)
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!