Tis’ the season for pumpkin everything!
This is our version of a pumpkin pie smoothie. It’s creamy, cool, includes all macronutrients (proteins, fats, and carbs) and it’s delicious. In addition, the pumpkin provides an amazing boost of nutrients. Pumpkin is high in fiber, an excellent source of vitamin A & C, and antioxidant rich. This smoothie is low in sugar and can be made vegan or paleo friendly!Craving pumpkin!? Try our cool and creamy Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie. #dairyfree #paleo Click To Tweet
One time saving tip is to make 2 servings and store the second serving in a mason jar to enjoy the next day. Or if you know your mornings always seem rushed, you could make the smoothie the night before and place in the fridge so that it’s ready for you the next day. For an added nutrient boost, always add a handful of greens.
Quick thoughts on protein powder.
We know protein powder isn’t necessarily ‘real food’ however we feel that if the quality of the protein powder is up to par, then you’ll find us using it too. We look for powders that have no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners, non-gmo, no soy, and if it’s whey protein powder we recommend that it comes from organic, grass-fed cows.
For a little added crunch we topped the Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie with a sprinkle of our Pumpkin Spice Granola (#notpaleo).
Now let’s give this delicious and nutrient-dense Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie a try!
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond*, coconut milk or water
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or full-fat yogurt –> not dairy-free
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 scoops unflavored or vanilla protein powder of choice
- 2 tsp. maple syrup (optional-for a touch of sweetness)
- 1 cup ice
- handful of spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the container of your blender. Place the lid on top and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Carbohydrate: 26 g
- (Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 13 g)
- Protein: 23 g
We hope that you love this recipe! Comment below and let us know if you give it a try.
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.