These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic will be the talk of the table. They’re that good! It’s a simple side-dish that’s made with just 7 ingredients. The combination of perfectly roasted garlicky Brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, crisp bacon, tart cranberries, toasted pecans, and melty feta cheese is simply heavenly!
This is a recipe you’ll want to make more than once a year. The combination of savory (from the garlic, bacon and feta) and sweet (from the balsamic glaze and dried cranberries) makes for the most delicious flavor. Bonus: it’s an easy recipe that you can throw together in 15 minutes!
So while they make for a totally scrumptious Thanksgiving side-dish, they also make for a tasty addition to really any meal this time of year.
Entrées to serve these Roasted Brussel Sprouts With:
I like to keep the rest of the meal simple when I serve these Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic so that they can be the highlight of the meal. And let me tell you, they will be!
My personal favorite way to serve these is with a juicy pork chop or tenderloin and a baked sweet potato. If you want some more ideas for proteins that this recipe would go along with, check out these recipes:
- Balsamic Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- One-Pan Pork Loin
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
I know you and your family are going to love this recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Brussels sprouts – you’ll need about 1 ½ lbs. of Brussels sprouts. Trimmed and halved or quartered.
- Garlic cloves – minced or pressed. I like to use a garlic press to really squeeze out the flavor.
- Olive oil or avocado oil – we like Primal Kitchen Foods oils.
- Balsamic vinegar – adds so much flavor and caramelization. We like Primal Kitchens Balsamic Vinegar.
- Bacon – cooked to a crisp and chopped. ButcherBox is hands down our favorite bacon.
- Pecans – toasted to perfection to add a nice crunch.
- Dried cranberries – adds tartness. We like Patience Organic No Sugar Cranberries. Pomegranate seeds would also make for a tasty addition in place of the cranberries.
- Feta cheese – soft goat cheese like chevre would also be incredibly tasty. Feel free to omit the cheese altogether to make this recipe dairy-free and Whole30-friendly.
- Sea salt and black pepper
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen products use code: REALFOODRDS
Shop Thrive Market to get the best prices on natural, organic, and specialty foods. PLUS get a free gift valued at $24 when you sign-up!
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400℉. Cook and chop your bacon and set aside.
Step 2: Wash and trim Brussels Sprouts, slicing them into halves or quarters depending on how large they are.
Step 3: Toss the Brussels Sprouts together with oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to evenly coat the Brussels Sprouts.
Step 4: Arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until tender
Step 5: Toss with pecans, bacon, and cranberries. Top with feta and serve!
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon recipe prep ahead tips
There are several steps you can do to prepare this dish the day before. The steps are as follows:
- Wash, trim and halve the Brussels sprouts, toss to coat with the oil and garlic, place in a container or large zip-top bag
- Cook the bacon and chop it
- Toast the pecans
Now all you have left to do is roast the Brussels Sprouts on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes and add the remaining ingredients after roasting.
How to toast pecans
Place the pecans in a small pan over medium-low heat. Toss the nuts every minute or so. After about 5-7 minutes you’ll notice the nuts will start to give off a beautiful, nutty aroma. This is a good indicator that they are done.
How to store leftovers
If you’re lucky enough to have any, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon make for scrumptious leftovers! I love to serve them on a big harvest salad with leftover turkey or any portion of choice.
To store leftovers, simply place them in a glass storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve warm or cold.
Other Brussels Sprouts recipes to try!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Bacon Aioli
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Bacon Roasted Brussels
It’s time to give Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic a try!
- 1 ½ lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup pecan halves, toasted*
- ½ cup dried cranberries (may substitute pomegranate seeds)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (may substitute goat cheese or omit entirely for Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts, slice them in half from top to bottom or quarter if large.
- Mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss with Brussels sprouts.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Toss with pecans, bacon, and cranberries. Top with feta.
- Serve warm.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
To toast the pecans: In a small skillet over medium-low heat add the pecans and toss every minute or so for about 5-7 minutes or until pecans give off a nutty aroma. Watch closely as they can burn easily.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe (~1/2 cup)
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g)
- Protein: 5g
Pin now, make later!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!