A cheesy, veggie-filled recipe for your real food table! Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole comes together with less than 10 ingredients making it ideal for a busy weeknight dinner.
This recipe was created in partnership with our friends at Organic Valley.
I say hot dish, you say casserole. Either way, it won’t change the tasty factor of this recipe.
Here in Minnesota, casserole = hot dish. But for the sake of the rest of the country, the world, Google and Pinterest, I went with casserole. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole is a recipe that comes together rather quickly and one the entire family will likely enjoy. It’s a healthy, comfort-food dish that’s especially perfect for busy weeknight dinners during the cooler months (although it can be enjoyed year round). To make this recipe even easier, you can purchase pre-cut cauliflower and broccoli, use pre-shredded cheese and also grab a rotisserie chicken at your local grocery deli. We’re all about keeping it simple and reducing your time in the kitchen because we know you’re likely juggling a jam-packed schedule. If that sounds like you, this recipe is definitely a MUST try!A cheesy, veggie-filled recipe for your real food table! Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole comes together with less than 10 ingredients making it ideal for a busy weeknight dinner. @organicvalley Click To Tweet
Made with Organic Valley!
If you’ve been a following our blog for awhile now, you know Organic Valley is our go-to when it comes to dairy. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole is made with Organic Valley Cream Cheese, Organic Valley Cheddar Cheese and Organic Valley Grassmilk.
I want to share three reasons why Organic Valley dairy is top quality:
- They are committed to organic. When it comes to organic standards, they don’t just follow the rules, they helped write the USDA standards. Organic Valley is all about preserving a way of life that values both the land and the creatures that live upon it. Here you can learn 5 reasons to eat organic.
- They are committed to strong animal care standards. With the average herd size of just 75, the farmers treat the animals with care and respect which shines through in the quality of their products. The animals also get ample time on pasture (weather-permitting) with plenty of room to roam. Jess and I have visited the farms and have met some of the farmers and have seen this at firsthand.
- Organic Valley is not a corporation but rather a cooperative. The company is owned and run by the farmers who grow the food, who milk the cows, and who bring you your cheese. They are continuously discussing what’s best for the farms, the families and the food on our plate. They are committed to quality and also community.
Check out Organic Valley’s blog to learn more about organics.
Serve with a side of rice or your favorite pasta, or enjoy as is for a low-carb dinner option.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole when served on its own makes for a scrumptious, low-carb meal. Only 8 grams of carbs per serving! Now I don’t follow a low-carb diet per se, so I like to serve this dish overtop of rice or gluten-free pasta. When served with pasta, it reminds me so much of a creamy Alfredo dish. It’s hearty, comforting and out-of-this-world cheesy delicious.
Add this Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chicken Casserole to your upcoming dinner menu!
And do let us know if you’d like us to continue to share casserole-type (aka: hot dish) recipes.
This recipe calls for chicken: Read our blog post, “Understand Poultry Labels,” to learn what is the best chicken to purchase.
- 4 cups of shredded chicken** (could also use diced)
- 4 oz. Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Organic Valley Milk (2% or Whole) (may sub broth)
- 1½ cups Organic Valley Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Crushed red pepper & fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower together using a double boiler (or however you wish) just until fork tender – do not overcook – and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, milk (or broth), ½ cup of cheddar cheese, minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (9 x 11 or 10-inch round works best). Spread chicken and cheese mixture out in the dish. Top the chicken with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and gently mix in so that some of the pieces are submerged into the chicken and cheese. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Dash with a little pepper and optional pinch or two of crushed red pepper (omit for heat sensitive).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- If you wish, top with a sprinkle of additional cheese with about 2-3 minutes of baking left.
- Garnish with optional fresh parsley. Serve hot.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 18 g
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 3 g)
- Protein: 33 g
Pin now to make later!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
This post was made possible by our friends at Organic Valley. Although we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always – 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!