Whether it’s Tuesday or the weekend, it’s time to spice things up with these Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos
This post was created in collaboration with our friends at Primal Kitchen.
Before you ask ‘Where’s the beef?’ hear me out…
I’m a taco fiend. A few years ago if you asked me what diet I followed I’d tell you “Paleo + Tacos.” Though I don’t put a label on my diet anymore and I don’t eat strictly Paleo, my meals are still mostly vegetables. I see every meal and snack as an opportunity to get in more vegetables and fruits, but sometimes it’s hard when tacos are on the menu. Aside from the guacamole and maybe some of this killer Mexi Slaw, the veg-factor in tacos isn’t very high.
This, combined with the fact that I often have vegan friends over for dinner, inspired me to create a simple, one-pan dinner that had everything I love about tacos plus loads of fiber-rich veggies. Allow me to introduce you to my newest #TacoTuesday crush, Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Ranch.
One-pan meals are where it’s at.
Even if I had all night to cook, chances are I wouldn’t. I love cooking (I mean, I do it for a living!), but I also love being outside and playing hard. And I’m not a fan of washing dishes…neither are my spouse and kids. Which is why I LOVE healthy meals you can legit make using one pan.
Though you have to do some in and out of the oven for this recipe, once you have the veggies prepped, the spices mixed and the beans rinsed and drained, it’s like 3 minutes of hands-on time. The rest of the time, you chop cilantro, slice limes and avocados and make the Chipotle Ranch to drizzle alllllll over every taco you’ll ever eat from here on out. Exaggerating, I am not.
Just when it couldn’t get any better…
I already alluded to this, but I went ahead and whizzed together some Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing with a little (OK, maybe more than a ‘little’ chipotle pepper) and made the dreamiest sauce to drizzle all over these Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos. Hello, taco heaven.
And it was the best decision I made all week because I’ve been putting the leftovers on everything.
About that Vegan Ranch Dressing…
As you may already know, eggs and I don’t play well together. Like, ‘Hand-me-an-EpiPen’ don’t play well together. I haven’t always been this allergic though I suspect that as a child I had a very mild allergy (eggs always made me feel terrible and I had chronic hives). Add to that repeated small exposures in baked goods, ice cream, etc. plus leaky gut and an autoimmune disease and somewhere in my late 30s I developed full-blown anaphylaxis after an accidental exposure to scrambled eggs (my toddler unknowingly flung them off her fork and into my coffee cup).
All that to say that although I’m not vegan, I do use a lot of vegan products because I KNOW they’ll be free of eggs. I even order vegan meals at restaurants and ask to have fish, poultry or steak added to them. I may get funny looks but hey, it’s better than dying, right?
All that to say that I’m doing cartwheels over here now that Primal Kitchen has a Vegan Ranch Dressing made with avocado oil. And though these Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos aren’t Whole30-friendly, the dressing is, which is great news for all the Whole30’ers out there who can’t do eggs either.
Even if you aren’t vegan or can have eggs, this Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing is where it’s at. So rich and creamy and when blended with some chipotle peppers it’s nothing short of life-changing and it’s what makes these veggie-packed tacos an eleven on a scale of one to ten.
Save 10% on your entire order of Primal Kitchen products when you use code: REALFOODRDS at checkout
Remember, you don’t have to wait for #TacoTuesday to roll around again. You can make these Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Ranch any day of the week. You make the rules. Own your taco love.
Vegan Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 2½ cups peeled, cubed sweet potato (about 1 large, cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 2 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets (about ½ medium head)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 4-ounce can roasted green chiles, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (or other cooking fat of choice)
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning (try our Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10 corn tortillas
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing (or ranch dressing of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle pepper in adobo sauce from a can or ¼–½ tsp. chipotle pepper powder
- Fresh cilantro, diced avocado and lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, taco seasoning and salt.
- Add onion and sweet potato cubes to baking sheet. Pour ½ of oil and spice mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, remove pan from oven and add cauliflower florets, garlic, green chilies, and remaining oil/spice mixture. Toss again to coat and return to oven.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender. Add drained black beans to baking sheet, stir gently and return to oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until beans are warmed through and vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are baking, combine Vegan Ranch Dressing with chipotle pepper powder and stir to combine.
- Chop cilantro, cut limes into wedges and dice avocado for serving.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, sauce and all the fixins’!
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 tacos with 1 1/2 Tbsp. sauce
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 251mg
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- (Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 10g)
- Protein: 12g
Pin it now – Make it later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Primal Kitchen. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Leave a Comment