Servings: 4 servings 1x
- ½ Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (ghee, oil or butter)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed (~2 cups cubed)
- ½ lb. turkey sausage (to make your own see below*) may sub 4-6 strips of cooked and chopped bacon or 1 cup cubed ham
- ½ small red onion, chopped or sliced (about 1/3–1/2 cup)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped or sliced (½–2/3 cup)
- 3–4 cups spinach leaves
- 7 Organic Valley whole eggs
- Sea salt & pepper
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×9-inch round or square glass dish with coconut oil or organic cooking spray.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the ghee on medium-high heat. Once hot, add sweet potato cubes. Dash with sea salt. Cover and let cook for about 10-12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are slightly tender. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another sauté pan on medium-high heat, begin to brown turkey sausage if raw. If pre-cooked omit this step and simply crumble or chop.
- Add the peppers and onion to the tender sweet potatoes and continue sautéing for 3-4 minutes.
- Once peppers are soft and onions are translucent. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, then stir in the cooked turkey sausage and remove pan from heat.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs, add a dash of sea salt and pepper and whisk.
- In the 9×9 baking dish, add the sweet potato and turkey sausage mixture then pour whisked eggs over the top. Make sure to submerge all of the ingredients so that they are covered with the eggs (see photo in post). Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado if desired.
**To make Whole30 compliant turkey sausage. Brown 1 lb. of ground turkey. Add 1 tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. fennel, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, a pinch of cayenne, ½ tsp. sea salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 18 g
- Sodium: 480
- Carbohydrate: 16 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 4 g)
- Protein: 24 g