- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (may substitute chicken thighs)
- 1½ Tbsp. Thrive Culinary Algae Oil, divided
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (may substitute 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger (may substitute ½ tsp. dried ground ginger)
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
Optional toppings: Chopped cashews or almonds, crumbled toasted seaweed, sesame seeds or gomasio.
- Combine coconut aminos, orange juice, zest, water and garlic, and ginger if using the dried form, (if using fresh, reserve for later) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat ½ Tbsp. oil in a large sauté pan, wok, or skillet over high heat (medium-high if using a cast iron skillet).
- Add half of the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken to a plate and repeat with another ½ Tbsp. oil and remaining chicken.
- Wipe pan clean (if desired) before adding ½ Tbsp. oil. When the pan is hot, add onions and carrots and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and peppers, continue to stir for another 3-4 minutes, then add fresh garlic and ginger, if using, and cook another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken back to the pan with the vegetables then pour sauce over everything. Stir to coat, add green onions and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until meat is warmed through and vegetables are tender to your liking.
- Top with toppings of choice.
- Serve over cauliflower rice for a Whole30-friendly option or with rice or rice noodles, if desired.
*Feel free to use 6 cups of any combination of vegetables – cabbage, zucchini, snap peas, green beans, water chestnuts, celery, asparagus etc. to suit your tastes or use up what you’ve got on hand.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe (without cauliflower rice or addl. toppings)
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 508mg
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- (Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 10g)
- Protein: 30g