Creamy, delicious and made easy in the crockpot, this dairy-free Buffalo Chicken Dip is an appetizer for all to enjoy. It has the perfect amount of kick and you won’t even miss the dairy! This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe will make a great addition to your scaled-down Holiday menu or as a tasty game-day snack.
This post was created in partnership with Primal Kitchen.
Dairy-free Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with real food ingredients and is the most creamy, flavorful dip for veggies, chips, crackers, and more.
You can never go wrong with buffalo chicken. It’s a flavor so many crave.
Because most Buffalo Chicken Dips are made with loads of cream cheese and shredded cheese, we set out on a mission to create a dairy-free version that also happens to be Whole30 friendly – when served with veggies.
We want everyone to enjoy this delicious dip — and there’s a strong chance that even the cheese-lovers will be a fan of this version of the dip! Honestly, you won’t even miss the cheese. The flavor is in the buffalo sauce.
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken breasts – tender chunks of shredded chicken. Feel free to substitute boneless-skinless chicken thighs if you wish or if that’s what you have on hand. We love ButcherBox for its quality meat options.
- Buffalo sauce – the highlight of this recipe. Primal Kitchen® Buffalo Sauce! A Whole30-Approved® sauce that serves up just the right amount of fire! This medium-heat sauce is bursting with flavor: made with avocado oil and cayenne pepper, and without natural flavors or xanthan gum. This party-pleaser is a mouth-watering addition to all of your buffalo sauce recipes. Use your preferred buffalo sauce, or make your own: Homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe.
- Mayo – this is what makes the Dairy-free Buffalo Chicken Dip so creamy without the cheese. Our favorite is Primal Kitchen® Mayo. For egg-free use a vegan mayo such as Primal Kitchens Vegan Mayo available at Whole Foods.
- Red bell pepper – adds flavor and color.
- Celery stalks – is any buffalo saucy recipe complete without the addition of celery? We don’t think so!
- Green onion – ends trimmed then sliced, white and green parts separated
- Unsweetened milk of choice – add this at the end to thin the dip out to your desired consistency.
- Celery, carrots, mini bell peppers, and tortilla chips for serving – for Whole30-friendly serve with just veggies.
- Ranch and hot sauce – these two ingredients are optional but make for a scrumptious addition when drizzled over top just before serving. For Whole30-friendly use Franks Red Hot Sauce and Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing.
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen products use code: REALFOODRDS
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with a creamy, dreamy buffalo sauce.
This is not your average buffalo sauce.
Primal Kitchen® Buffalo Sauce? Game on! This saucy favorite gets an update with real food ingredients like cashew butter and avocado oil, fats we love. This Buffalo Sauce is made without xanthan gum, or natural flavors, and is Whole30 Approved®. Made with simple, high-quality ingredients with integrity, like cayenne sauce and organic garlic powder, this sauce is a must-have for any pantry. Creamy, thanks to the genius addition of cashew butter, and full of feisty flavor, this sauce is truly a must-try. Not only does it make a fabulous addition to our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, but it also works perfectly with our Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, or Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato.
Exclusive Offer for Real Food RD Fans!
Buy 3 of The Real Food RD’s Favorite Primal Kitchen Products, Get a Box of Collagen Peptide Packets FREE! Click here.
Can Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip be made in the Instant Pot?
This recipe has not been tested in the Instant Pot so we are unable to answer this question at the moment. We will certainly update the recipe if we do end up testing it in the Instant Pot because we know many of you are big fans of pressure cooking!
Can Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip be made ahead?
It sure can. This is a super easy recipe to prep ahead of time and reheat when you’re ready to enjoy. There are two ways you can make this Dairy-free Buffalo Chicken ahead.
1) Make the recipe in its entirety (minus the toppings). Then allow it to cool to room temperature and store it in an airtight container that’s microwave or oven safe, in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to enjoy, simply reheat it in the microwave on 50-60% power stirring every minute or so, or in the oven set at 350℉ degrees until heated through. You can also add the buffalo chicken dip back to the slow cooker and turn it on low or even high to reheat. This will take a couple of hours depending on what setting you use.
2) Mix up the sauce and pre-chop all of the vegetables a day or two in advance. Then all you have to do is add everything to the slow cooker and turn it on. You can also prep the vegetables for dipping a day or two before you plan to serve the Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Looking for a new slow cooker! Check out this one that’s available on amazon.
Other healthy appetizer recipes you’ll want to try!
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Homemade Guacamole
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- Pineapple BBQ Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. chicken breast, raw
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- ½ cup mayo, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 green onion, ends trimmed then sliced, white and green parts separated
- ¼ cup unsweetened milk of choice (coconut or almond milk works great – NOT vanilla!)
- Celery, carrots, mini bell peppers and tortilla chips for serving
- Ranch and/or hot sauce for drizzling onto, optional (for Whole30 and Dairy-free us Primal Kitchen Ranch and Franks Red Hot Sauce)
- In a small bowl combine ½ cup buffalo sauce with ¼ cup mayo. Whisk together until smooth.
- To a slow cooker, add the chicken breast, buffalo sauce mayo mixture, red bell pepper, celery, and white part of the green onion. Stir to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and roughly chop or shred the chicken. Return back to the slow cooker along with ¼ cup mayo, ¼ cup buffalo sauce, ¼ cup milk of choice, and the green parts of the green onion. Stir to combine and continue to cook on high for about 30 minutes or until everything is heated through. Add additional milk if needed to thin.
- Serve straight from the slow cooker or transfer to a dish to serve. Garnish with green onion and a drizzle of hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot Sauce) and/or ranch if you wish.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, mini bell peppers, and tortilla chips.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe - about 1/4 cup
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 14 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 575 mg
- Carbohydrate: 3 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g)
- Protein: 13 g
Pin now, make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Primal Kitchen. Although we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always – 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.