Servings: 10 servings 1x
- 1 lb. chicken breast, raw
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- ½ cup mayo, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 green onion, ends trimmed then sliced, white and green parts separated
- ¼ cup unsweetened milk of choice (coconut or almond milk works great – NOT vanilla!)
- Celery, carrots, mini bell peppers and tortilla chips for serving
- Ranch and/or hot sauce for drizzling onto, optional (for Whole30 and Dairy-free us Primal Kitchen Ranch and Franks Red Hot Sauce)
- In a small bowl combine ½ cup buffalo sauce with ¼ cup mayo. Whisk together until smooth.
- To a slow cooker, add the chicken breast, buffalo sauce mayo mixture, red bell pepper, celery, and white part of the green onion. Stir to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and roughly chop or shred the chicken. Return back to the slow cooker along with ¼ cup mayo, ¼ cup buffalo sauce, ¼ cup milk of choice, and the green parts of the green onion. Stir to combine and continue to cook on high for about 30 minutes or until everything is heated through. Add additional milk if needed to thin.
- Serve straight from the slow cooker or transfer to a dish to serve. Garnish with green onion and a drizzle of hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot Sauce) and/or ranch if you wish.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, mini bell peppers, and tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe - about 1/4 cup
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 14 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 575 mg
- Carbohydrate: 3 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g)
- Protein: 13 g