Yes, you can make the best air fryer chicken wings following this simple recipe right here. Making chicken wings in the air-fryer is a perfect way to feed a crowd, it’s easy to clean up, and the wings come out to crispy hot perfection every time. Use this no-fail method to make air fryer chicken wings crispy, just like you’d get at a restaurant, and just the way you like them.
Highlights: Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- make the best-ever air fryer wings with just 3 ingredients (one of those is chicken wings and the other two are things you already have on hand)!
- get the best temperature and time for how long to cook chicken wings in air fryer that results in perfectly cooked, crispy, and golden brown wings every time
- make chicken wings quickly in batches for a party of any time
The only air fryer chicken wings Recipe you need!
When you’ve got that craving for chicken wings, you don’t want just any wings. You want hot, flavorful, and super crispy wings. By making chicken wings in air fryer, you get all of that. From there, you can eat the wings as is, toss them in a favorite wing sauce or dry rub, and serve them alongside some ranch dressing, chilled carrots, and celery sticks. Yum!
Ingredients to make air Fryer Wings Crispy And perfect
You don’t need much to make these crazy good wings. These are the key ingredients to get a batch of chicken wing in air fryer today:
- chicken wings – we love the chicken wings from ButcherBox
- baking powder – here’s the secret ingredient to getting the best chicken wings that are crispy and golden brown
- salt – opt for fine salt here
Find the ingredient list with exact measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Make Chicken Wings in An air fryer
We love, love, love this easy method for cooking the best golden brown and crispy chicken wings. They come out just as if they had been fried, only much lighter and not as oily as you’d get at a restaurant. Here are the easy steps to make them:
- Preheat your air fryer. See the recipe card below for the perfect air fryer temperature for chicken wings
- Coat the wings. Toss the chicken wings with baking powder and salt.
- Air fry the wings in batches. Working in batches, air fry the wings in the preheated air fryer. Scroll down to the recipe card below to see how long to cook chicken wings in air fryer.
For the complete directions and ingredient amounts, scroll down to the recipe card below. All of our recipes include the nutrition analysis, listing calories, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, sodium, and more per serving.
How long to cook chicken wings in air fryer
When you want a batch of super crispy chicken wings, there are two key things you need to know. 1) What temperature to set your air fryer, and 2) How long to cook chicken wings in air fryer. We have answers to both of those questions right here!
Set your air fryer to preheat to 400 degrees. Once the air fryer is preheated, cook each batch for a total of 18 minutes. Cook them on one side for 10 minutes, then turn the wings over and air fry for another 8 minutes, for a total of 18 minutes.
occasions to serve These Wings
Do you really need an excuse to make the best chicken wings? We think serving them any random day of the week is a great way to add some spice to life and your dinners. And here are some other terrific times to dig in:
- game days and Super Bowl parties
- birthday parties
- Friday night fun
Frequently Asked Questions
Short answer: Cook them in a hot oven or an air fryer, and toss them with our special mix of baking powder and salt (see recipe card below for the full recipe).
When you’re cooking chicken wings in air fryer, set the temp to 400 degrees.
We’ve perfect this recipe for chicken wings in the air fryer and we’ve found the best timing to be air frying them on one side for 10 minutes, then flip them over and air fry for another 8 minutes (that’s 18 minutes total).
One of the best things about chicken wings is that you can make them taste many different ways by tossing them in different sauces and dry rubs. Use your favorite purchased wing sauce or condiment, or make our Homemade Buffalo Sauce. We also like tossing wings with a simple mix of Parmesan and minced garlic or a dry spice rub, such as the rub in the Q&A below.
We love this dry rub on so many things, including tossed with this wings recipe when they come right out of the air fryer. In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon of each dried thyme, garlic powder, and onion powder, and ¼ teaspoon of each fine salt, black pepper, and dried ground sage.
When you serve these wings, it’s always a good idea to set out some fresh and crunchy carrots, celery, or pepper strips, as well as a few dipping sauces. Try a favorite blue cheese dressing, our Homemade Ranch Dressing, or our Paleo Ranch Dressing (a dairy-free ranch that thousands have made and loved)!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, ‘flats’ and ‘drummies’ (about 36 pieces; thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
If desired, toss the wings with any favorite sauce, such as our Homemade Buffalo Sauce, any BBQ sauce, any dry rub, or a simple mix of minced garlic and grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉ degrees.
- Spread the wings out on paper towels and pat dry. Place the wings in a large bowl and toss with the baking powder and salt.
- Working in batches, place the wings in an even layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs or a fork, turn over each wing in the air fryer basket, close, and air fry for 8 minutes more or until crispy and lightly golden brown.
- Remove wings from the air fryer and place in a bowl to toss with buffalo sauce or any desired sauce or dry rub. We recommend starting with ¼ cup and adding more as needed.
- Repeat to make more batches until all wings are cooked.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
In the market for a new air fryer? This Instant Vortex Dual-Basket Air Fryer is made by the makers of Instant Pot, and it’s the air fryer our whole team uses and loves! The double chambers creates extra room, so you can air fry a complete meal at once or a bigger serving than with most other air fryers. Check it out here.
- Serving Size: 1/2 lb chicken wings (1/6 of the recipe)
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 28 g
- (Sat Fat: 8 g)
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Carbohydrate: 0 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 0 g)
- Protein: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 250 mg
Pin Now to Make Later!
The photos in this blog post were taken by Rachel Cook of Half Acre House.
For ultimate success, we highly recommend reading the tips in the full blog post above. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words. Link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!