Mix-and-match your favorite ingredients to make your own version of our Trail Mix Energy Bites!
Energy bites make the world go round! Okay…maybe not exactly but they do make for the perfect snack or grab-and-go fuel.
They’re easy to make and hold up nicely in the fridge so that you can prep them on Sunday and snack on them throughout the week. In fact, we love them so much that we’re going to be sampling our favorite versions of these Trail Mix Energy Bites on the snack bar at our upcoming fitness fundraising event, Fit For Her MPLS! If you’re in the Minneapolis area, you don’t want to miss this! We’d love to see you there.…and it includes so much more than sampling energy bites 😉 Get the details below.Trail Mix Energy Bites are the perfect grab-and-go fuel and a great addition to weekend meal preps. Click To Tweet
Join us at Fit For Her MPLS where we will sweat, shop and then snack on our favorite versions of these delicious Trail Mix Energy Bites and so much more….
On February 24th, 2018 from 9-11 AM we, The Real Food RDs, are co-hosting the 3rd Annual Fit For Her event with our friend Lindsey of Nourish Move Love. All proceeds from the event are benefiting The Her Initiative in partnership with Healing Waters International, a non-profit organization that brings clean water and hygiene education to women in developing countries while empowering women here in the states. During our Trip for Her to the Dominican Republic this past November we were exposed to what life is like without access to clean water. On that trip, we set a goal of raising $15K to fully fund a clean water project for a community in need. At this time we want to give a special thanks to Made In Nature for being the main sponsor of the event! Words can’t express how grateful we are for their support. We’d also like to thank The FeedFeed & Whole Foods for their support as well.
So what does FIT FOR HER MPLS include?
- 45-minute Barre + HIIT Combo Workout led by Lindsey Bomgren of nourish move love with music by DJ Omaur Bliss
- Post-Workout Refuel Refreshments from Stacie + Jess of The Real Food Dietitians sponsored by Made In Nature snacks + Whole Foods Market MN + CRISP & GREEN mini salads + Seven Sunday’s muesli parfaits + Coffee Bar
- Pop-Up Shop Featuring local Minnesota Businesses
- Amazing Gift-Basket Raffles featuring some of our favorite brands!
It’s a jam packed, fun-filled morning! So grab a girlfriend, a mom, a sister or a daughter and join in on the fun.
Get your ticket here: https://hwi.kindful.com/
?campaign=239351 – SPACE IS LIMITED to 100 participants, so make your $30 donation today to save your spot!
If you don’t live in the Minneapolis area or you are unable to attend the event but would like to support the cause, you can also donate a dollar amount of your choosing here. We greatly appreciate any and all help towards our goal of bringing clean, safe water and hygiene education to women and their families who are desperately in need.
And now it’s time to share with you our Trail Mix Energy Bites featuring Made In Nature Super Berry Fruit Fusion!
As you will see, this recipe is written to be very versatile so that you have the opportunity to mix-and-match ingredients to your liking. At Fit For Her MPLS, we will be making and offering samples of several versions of these Trail Mix Energy Bites. For example, we’ll change up the nut butters, we’ll add different kinds of Made In Nature dried fruits, we’ll sweeten some with honey and others with maple syrup, we’ll mix it up with cinnamon and/or other spices…and the list goes. Basically, what we’re getting at is that you can do the same! Get creative and use what you’ve got on hand or what sounds most delicious to you.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats or muesli (we love Seven Sunday’s Muesli)
- 1 cup no sugar-added nut or seed butter of choice (such as almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 3 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dried fruit + chopped nuts/seeds (pumpkin or sunflower) of choice (or 1/3 cup Made In Nature Super Berry Fruit Fusion)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine the rolled oats, nut or seed butter, honey or maple syrups and vanilla extract. If using quick oats, you can just mix in a bowl.
- Pulse until ingredients start coming together. You will have to scrape the sides of your food processor or blender several times throughout this step.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Form dough into small round bites. Really press the dough firmly when forming into bites so they hold together well. If not sticking together, simply add additional nut butter. Optional – drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7g
- (Sat Fat: 1g)
- Sodium: 1mg
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g)
- Protein: 4g
Pin now, make later!
A special thanks to our sponsors and those supporting our mission!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.