- 1 scoop Vital Protein Collagen Peptides Vanilla
- 2 1/2. Tbsp. Paleo OR Gluten-free (not paleo) Waffle & Pancake Mix (or use 1 1/2 Tbsp. almond flour + 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour + 1/8 tsp. baking powder)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2–1 tsp. maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Set the waffle iron to medium high heat.
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients. Process or blend until smooth. If batter is too thin, add 1/2-1 tbsp. of additional baking mix.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray (this is an important step).
- Pour batter onto waffle iron, close lid and let cook until golden brown and slightly crisp. Carefully remove waffles from iron place on a wire rack until ready to eat.
- To freeze, let waffles cool completely and once cooled, place in an air tight container separating each serving with parchment paper. Freeze up to 3 months.
- If making waffles in bulk, waffles taste best when reheated in a toaster or in an oven set at 350 degrees. This can be done from frozen.
- *If using the almond flour/tapioca blend, let waffles set for just a few minutes after removing from waffle iron before enjoying. We have found that this will result in a better texture.
Made with almond flour & tapioca flour (Paleo): 265 calories – 10g fat – 200mg sodium – 18g carbs – 2g fiber – 4g sugar – 26g protein
For those that shop at HyVee or Coborns in the Midwest, the Full Circle Gluten-free Pancake and Waffle Mix produces the perfect texture and crisp. Note: this mix is not paleo.
Note: this recipe has not been tested with any other protein powders. Should you choose to use a different protein powder, you may need to add little liquid or more flour to achieved a waffle batter consistency.
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle with Full Circle Gluten-free Mix
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- (Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g)
- Protein: 25g