Three wholesome ingredients is all you need to make these healthy, no-bake Nutty Cashew Bites – a vegan-friendly and grain-free recipe.
A healthy snack recipe made easy with three simple ingredients – raw nuts, natural nut butter and dates. That’s it!
3-Ingredient Nutty Cashew Bites are refined sugar-free.
The dates add a naturally sweet flavor and they also provide some good nutrition. They’re a healthy substitute for refined sugar in recipes due to their sweet taste, nutrients, fiber, minerals and antioxidants. I recommend tossing in 10-12 delget noor dates depending on how sweet you prefer the bites to be. Personally, I like them more on the nutty side and less sweet so 10 dates usually does the trick. Using fewer dates will also help to reduce the total grams of sugar.
Please note that if you use medjool dates, they are a bit bigger so you may want to add less.It takes just 3 ingredients to make these Nutty Butter Bites. They make for a wholesome and tasty snack, or feel free to enjoy one (or two) at night for a delightful little treat. Click To Tweet
The options are endless with these Nutty Cashew Bites.
It’s easy to change up the flavor of these Nutty Butter Bites by adding additional ingredients or by changing up what kind of raw nuts and/or nut butter you use. I tend to go with what I have on hand because there’s no need to make a special trip to the grocery store. Some ideas of ingredients you could add include no-sugar-added dried fruit like raisins or cranberries, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, mini chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, chia seeds…the list goes on and on. If you choose to add additional ingredients, you’ll want to pulse those in just before forming the round bites.
Helpful tidbits for making Nutty Cashew Bites:
- A food processor works best.
- You will need to scrape the sides of the food processor a couple of times as the dough will stick.
- The dough will feel a little oily when it’s ready.
- Depending on the consistency of the nut butter you use, as they do vary, you may need to add additional nut butter to get them to stick together nicely. I prefer using a smooth/runnier nut butter.
- Press dough firmly when rolling into bites.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Nutty Cashew Bites make for a wholesome and tasty snack or I like to enjoy one at night for a delightful little treat.
Are you ready to scrounge your pantry for the ingredients and give this recipe a try!?
- 1½ cups raw cashew (may replace ½ cup with raw almonds)
- 1/3 cup natural nut butter (such as cashew, almond, pecan, peanut butter)
- 10–12 delget noor pitted dates (or 8–10 medjool dates)
- Place raw nuts, nut butter, and pitted dates into a food processor (may use high-powered blender).
- Process for 3-5 minutes or until ingredients start coming together. Scrape the sides as needed. Test dough with hands to see if dough will stick together to form a ball. Depending on consistency of nut butter, you may need to add an additional 1-2 Tbsp. A smoother/runnier nut butter works best.
- With hands, firmly and with pressure, form the dough into about 20 small round bites.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 month.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 3 g
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!