- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 24 ¼ -½ inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast (may use leftover chicken)
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup canned black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch (or homemade Paleo Ranch Dressing)
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice (optional – omit for Whole30 or dairy-free)
For the sauce:
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, if not using leftover chicken, cook the chicken. You can do this on the stove if you wish. Preheat pan to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add 2-3 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Add chicken. Cook for about 1 minute on each side and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. When chicken is done (internal temp reaches 165 degrees), keep covered for about 5 minutes and then chop or shred the chicken. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the peppers, onions and olives. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and then turn off heat. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking and sweet potatoes are in the oven. Make the pizza sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients. When sauce is heated through, remove from heat. Add additional water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- To Assemble pizza, top sweet potato rounds with sauce. Top sauce with chicken mixture and optional cheese. Place back into oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated through (or cheese is melted).
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen ranch and enjoy!
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe - 4 rounds (without cheese)
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 450
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- (Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 20 g