Change it up & add flavor to your summer grill-out with our Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad.
We all love the good ‘ol classic potato salad, but why not try something new?!
My love for sweet potatoes was the driving force behind the creation of this Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of the classic potato salad, but I also like to change things up with difference spices and ingredients from time to time. This salad will remind you a little of the classic potato salad, but with its own flavorful twist. And while I’m focusing on grill-outs and potlucks in the post because…it’s summer, this salad can certainly be enjoyed all year round!Change it up & add flavor to your summer grill-out with this Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad. #whole30. Made with @applegate bacon. Click To Tweet
The combination of real food ingredients in this salad creates a bursting-with-flavor experience.
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad has a balance of sweet from the roasting of the sweet potatoes and cauliflower and savory flavor from the salty bacon and dressing. When I first created this recipe way back, I left the cauliflower raw. However recently, I found that I prefer the texture of the roasted cauliflower over the raw. To roast the cauliflower, simply add the cauliflower to the sweet potatoes halfway through the suggested baking time. You want the sweet potatoes to be partially cooked through as they have a longer roasting time than the cauliflower.
Crisp bacon adds delicious flavor, but it’s totally optional. Feel free to omit it if that’s not your thing or if you’re looking for a vegetarian-friendly salad. You do YOU!
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad is studded with pieces of salty and crisp uncured bacon. It adds just the right amount of savoriness without being too overpowering. If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, I’d recommend adding smoked, chopped almonds for a similar flavor and experience. So good!
For a no-sugar and uncured bacon, we recommend Applegate.
The dressing is made simply with a combination of mayonnaise (such as Homemade Mayo or Primal Kitchen), mustard, apple cider vinegar, curry powder (trust me, it’s good), paprika, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper. It’s tossed and coats the salad ingredients perfectly creating an incredible, unique and delicious flavor.
Take this salad to your next summer gathering!
This is a must try and share recipe. Whether it’s a dinner night with friends & family or a summer gathering or picnic, it will be a delicious highlight to any meal and will likely be a new favorite and go-to recipe.
Are you ready to give this Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Recipe a try?
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad
This Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad is a delicious twist on the traditional potato salad. The combination of ingredients that are tossed in a creamy mayo dressing creates a burst of flavor that’s hard to beat. Serve this at your next summer gathering!
For the Salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed (~4 cups raw)
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped (~4 cups raw)
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked to crisp and chopped
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed and chopped (white to midway up green parts)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade or organic (such as Primal Kitchen)
- 1 Tbsp.Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel and cube sweet potatoes, then toss with half of the oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add cauliflower and remaining oil and toss. Bake for an additional 12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to the salad ingredients along with the cooled roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes, and toss together until evenly coated.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Top with chopped green onions, paprika and and crisp bacon if you wish.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
Prep ahead tips: Do these steps a day or two before you plan to serve this salad.
- Roast the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Let cool and then place in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Recommend doing this step just one day before.
- Pre-chop the celery, red onion, and green onion 1-2 days before on the menu. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Make the dressing. Store in an air-tight glass container or mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 4 g)
- Protein: 5 g
Pin now, make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!!
Leave a Comment