Servings: 10 servings 1x
For the Salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed (~4 cups raw)
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped (~4 cups raw)
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked to crisp and chopped
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed and chopped (white to midway up green parts)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade or organic (such as Primal Kitchen)
- 1 Tbsp.Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel and cube sweet potatoes, then toss with half of the oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add cauliflower and remaining oil and toss. Bake for an additional 12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to the salad ingredients along with the cooled roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes, and toss together until evenly coated.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Top with chopped green onions, paprika and and crisp bacon if you wish.
Prep ahead tips: Do these steps a day or two before you plan to serve this salad.
- Roast the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Let cool and then place in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Recommend doing this step just one day before.
- Pre-chop the celery, red onion, and green onion 1-2 days before on the menu. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Make the dressing. Store in an air-tight glass container or mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 4 g)
- Protein: 5 g