Healthy, wholesome and veggie-loaded, this BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet deserves a spot on your upcoming dinner menu. A “clean-out the fridge” kind of a recipe!
This recipe is sponsored by our friends at Tessemae’s!
Look no further because this recipe is exactly what you need to help you bust out of your weeknight dinner rut.
If you’ve been following The Real Food RDs blog for awhile now, there’s a good chance you come to us in search of easy, hearty, comfort-food like recipes that are made with wholesome ingredients. Recipes that will help you bust out of ruts, don’t require hours in the kitchen to make, inspire you try something new and most importantly, do the body and tastebuds good. This BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet is a recipe I created on a whim. It was during one of those “clean-out the fridge” moments where I wasn’t feeling ambitious enough to head into town for groceries. The joys of living in a rural location where a quick run to the grocery store is never an option.
So after a quick scan of my fridge, I found few random veggies that needed to be used up as well as ground turkey that had already been thawed. I started chopping, sautéing and mixing up one of my go-to sauces and as a result, this BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet (somewhat inspired by our BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad) was born. I snapped a photo of what I had made and posted it on IG (thinking no one would be interested in….well, TBH what kind of looked like ‘Turkey Veggie Slop”) and lo and behold, in came multiple one word DMs….”recipe?” So today, per your request, I bring to you BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet, featuring Tessemae’s. It’s not the prettiest recipe, but it sure is a tasty one!
This is truly a “clean-out the fridge” kind of a meal!
What I love about this recipe is that you can use whatever “sauté-able” veggies you have on hand or whatever veggies sound good to you. If sweet potatoes aren’t your thing, use potatoes, carrots, or parsnips. No Brussels on hand? How about cauliflower or broccoli. Have some greens that need to be used up before they go bad? Toss in a handful or two. The options are truly endless. In fact, I have made this recipe several times and I don’t think I’ve ever made it using the same veggies twice.
The BBQ Ranch sauce comes together in seconds.
It really doesn’t get easier thanks to Tessemae’s. All you need for this heavenly sauce is a little bit of Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce and Tessemae’s Ranch. Combine the two, mix it up and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious combo. Who knew mixing ranch and BBQ would result in something so palatable?! You can even change up the flavors in this recipe by using Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch or Everything Bagel Ranch. Both are incredibly tasty options and add a fun twist to this recipe!
Not only does this sauce make a tasty addition to this BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet, it also makes for a flavorful salad dressing, or dipping sauce. Also, I highly recommend you give our BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad a try – it’s received a ton of rave reviews!Healthy, wholesome and veggie-loaded, this BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet deserves a spot on your upcoming dinner menu. Made with @tessemaes Click To Tweet
Add even more flavor to this BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet with all the toppings.
Toppings are totally optional here because this recipe is pretty darn flavorful served as is. However, if you’re looking to jazz it up a bit (or make it look a little more attractive) feel free to top it with avocado slices, green onion slices, fresh lime wedges, cilantro, etc. If you have none of that on hand, you can totally skip it and save yourself a trip to the grocery store. Also, a sprinkle of parmesan really adds a nice depth of flavor to this recipe. So if dairy is part of your diet, I suggest you give it a sprinkle or two because a little cheese makes everything better.
Lastly this recipes is prep-friendly!
You can make it ahead and reheat it throughout the week. It will last 4-5 days when stored properly in the fridge. Then all you need to do is reheat it in a pan on the stove or in a microwave and it’s ready to be enjoyed! Another prep-ahead option is to pre-chop all of the veggies you plan to add to the BBQ Ranch Turkey Veggie Skillet, brown the turkey, and whip up the dressing. You can do that all the day or two before it’s on the menu. Then all you have to do is sauté your little heart out and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes – perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey (may sub ground chicken or pork)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or cooking fat of choice
- 1 large (~16 oz.) sweet potato sweet, cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 cups (~10 oz.) Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups (~8 oz.) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced (may sub 1–2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/3 cup Tessemae’s Matty BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tessemae’s Ranch of choice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or raisin (optional)
- Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, lime, thinly sliced green onion, shredded cheese (not Whole30 or dairy-free) and/0r crushed blue corn chips (not Whole30).
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ Sauce and Ranch and set aside.
- In a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat, brown the turkey. Once browned, remove turkey from pan and set aside.
- Next add 1 tbsp. cooking fat to pan. Add cubed sweet potatoes and sauté for 10 minutes tossing every once in awhile.
- Next, add the Brussel sprouts and sauté for another 5 or so minutes. (Cooking time will really depend on heat, pan and your stove.)
- Then add the remaining veggies, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté for another 8-10 minutes or until all veggies or soft and tender.
- Lastly add the browned turkey, BBQ Ranch sauce and optional golden raisin and stir to combine. Let cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until nice and hot.
- Serve with optional toppings.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe (2 cups)
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 24 g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- (Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 10 g)
- Protein: 23 g
This post was made possible by our friends at Tessemae’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!