Servings: Serves 4
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast or thighs, cubed or shredded
- 3–4 strips bacon, cooked to a crisp and roughly chopped
- 1 small apple, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- ⅓ cup diced celery (~1 stalk)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (may substitute dried cherries or raisin)
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- ½–⅔ cup mayo (such as Primal Kitchen mayo)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the heat and place on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- To toast the pecans: add to a skillet over medium-low heat and stir every minute or so, cooking until pecans give off a toasted aroma, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prep the remaining ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve over a bed of greens and garnish with additional toasted chopped pecans, rosemary, sliced green onion, and/or black pepper if desired.
- Leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken works great in this recipe. In this post we show you how to make the perfect chicken breast.
- Store Cranberry Chicken Salad in a glass container for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 29g
- (Sat Fat: 4g)
- Sodium: 535mg
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 10g)
- Protein: 23g