- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3–3 1/2 cups small cubes)
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 slices no-sugar added bacon, chopped (Recommend: whole30 compliant Applegate Bacon)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil + additional oil for chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1 1/2–2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone in/skin on (5 chicken thighs)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup Tessemae’s Ranch Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green beans, red onion, bacon, and fresh thyme to the sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado oil and toss to coat (because of the bacon, you just need a little oil).
- With a paper towel, soak up as much liquid as you can from the chicken thighs. Spread out veggies to make a space for each chicken thigh. Place on pan. Brush with a little oil.
- Dash all sheet pan contents with sea salt and pepper and a little extra thyme or twigs of thyme if you wish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Toss veggies a couple of times during baking time.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with ranch and serve.
**You may use boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breast in this recipe. The time might need to be adjusted or you may need to remove the chicken from the pan/oven and cover with foil to keep warm while the veggies continue to bake until done to your liking.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 24 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Carbohydrate: 25 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 33 g