- 2 (14-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Juice of 1/2 large lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Fine salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional for serving: Thinly sliced green onions, fresh cilantro, jalapeño slices, diced or sliced avocado, sour cream (omit for vegan), shredded white cheddar cheese (omit for vegan), and/or lime wedges
- To a 6-quart slow cooker, add the beans, green chiles, salsa verde, broth, potatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Stir all the ingredients to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the lime juice. If you prefer a thinner consistency to your stew, stir in some additional broth.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Instant Pot instructions: cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and all for 10 minutes of natural release.
- Serving Size: 1 generous cup
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 1 g
- (Sat Fat: 0 g)
- Sodium: 471 mg
- Carbohydrate: 40 g
- (Fiber: 11 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg