Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 5–6 cups peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large), cut into ½ -inch cubes
- ¾ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ medium)
- 2 tsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, uncooked, sliced, or chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in a 9×13-inch baking dish or a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss with oil and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle uncooked bacon over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe, about 3/4 cup
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- (Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 9g)
- Protein: 4g