Servings: 6 1x
- 1 ½ lbs. cubed lamb stew meat (may substitute chicken or beef)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp. salt + more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper + more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil (omit or decrease if the lamb is well-marbled and fatty)
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ Tbsp. garam masala (may substitute yellow curry powder)
- ¾ tsp. turmeric (omit if using curry powder)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine meat, minced garlic, grated ginger, coconut milk, lime juice, sea salt and black pepper in a container with a lid. Mix together and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- After marinating, add meat with marinade, tomatoes with their juice, ghee, garam masala, onions and carrots. Lock lid into place then set the steam release handle to ‘Sealing’. Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is up, allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 15 minutes then flip the steam release handle to ‘Venting’ to release the remaining steam before attempting to open the lid.
- Remove the lid then switch the Instant Pot to saute (normal) setting, stir in diced zucchini and simmer for 5-6 minutes without the lid or until zucchini is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 432mg
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g)
- Protein: 25g