- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (370 g)
- 2 cups water
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer under running water.
- Add rinsed rice and water to the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and then set to 4 minutes of pressure cooking time. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to build up pressure, and once pressure cooking starts the timer will start counting down.
- When the 4 minutes is up, allow the rice to remain in the Instant Pot with lid closed as the setting automatically switches over to “Keep Warm” warm and starts counting up. Let it sit this way until the timer counts up to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, press “Cancel” and position the steam release valve on the lid to the “Venting” position to release any remaining steam. Open the lid and fluff the rice.
- Serve the rice as is, or season it with butter, ghee, oil, and/or seasonings if you’d like. Store leftover hot cooked rice in a covered container in the freezer.
Need more rice? You can also use 3 cups uncooked jasmine rice and 3 cups water to yield 9 cups cooked rice.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0