- 1 lb. chicken, cooked & cubed (about 2–3 chicken breast)
- 3/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts divided)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Steamed or sautéed cauliflower rice or cooked white rice and/or greens of choice + fresh lime wedges
- In a small bowl make the sauce by combining the heavy cream, Greek yogurt, chicken broth, tomato paste, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, sea salt and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the carrots, bell pepper, and onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and fresh ginger and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Next stir in the sauce, chicken and white parts of green onions. Combine and let simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender stirring occasionally. Add additional broth if too thick.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or white rice and/or greens of choice. Top with green parts of green onions, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- (Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 9g)
- Protein: 32g