- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or legs*
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos**
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken in a large bowl, zip-top plastic bag (or a freezer-safe container, if you plan to freeze the chicken).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, coconut aminos, garlic, honey, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover bowl or close bag. Gently toss or massage to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
- Marinate the covered chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 2-3 days before cooking. Or, to freeze, remove as much air from the freezer-safe container as possible, and freeze the chicken in the marinade for up to 2 months.
*If using chicken legs, increase to 1½ pounds
**Can substitute 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari, or shoyu. Read more about why we recommend coconut aminos in this post.
- Serving Size: 4 oz marinated chicken breast
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 4 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Carbohydrate: 2 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 2 g)
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg