For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Juice of 1 large orange (about ⅓ cup)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos*
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. freshly grated ginger (may substitute ¼ tsp. dried ginger or to taste)
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (may substitute ¼ tsp garlic powder or to taste)
- ¼ – ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes**
- Salt to taste
For the Kebabs:
- 1 lbs. boneless, thick-cut pork chops
- ½ small red onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 tsp. olive oil or avocado oil
Cut pork and vegetables into roughly 1-inch pieces for best results.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400-450℉)
- Make the peanut sauce by whisking or blending all of the sauce ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set half of the sauce aside for serving with the cooked kebabs.
- To a bowl, add the pork cubes and half of the peanut sauce. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate while you cut the vegetables into pieces and the grill heats up.
- To make the kebabs, carefully thread the pork and vegetables onto skewers alternating meat and vegetables as you go. Brush the vegetables with the oil.
- Place the kebabs directly onto the grill grate. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the pork registers 145℉ on an instant-read thermometer and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred on the edges.
- Remove kebabs from the grill to a clean plate and allow them to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving with reserved peanut sauce.
* To substitute tamari or gluten-free soy sauce for coconut aminos, use 2 Tbsp. tamari/soy sauce + 2 Tbsp. water
** May substitute sriracha or chile-garlic sauce for crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe (kebabs + sauce)
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 13g
- (Sat Fat: 3g)
- Sodium: 539mg
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g)
- Protein: 28g