- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (may use canned sweet potato or pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 medium avocado, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus additional for optional topping
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped* (optional)
For drizzle (optional):
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a mini-muffin tin with liners or grease with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the chocolate chips. You may also use a standup mixer, blender, or food processor. If using a blender or food processor, you do not need to pre-mash the cooked sweet potato and avocado. Stir or blend the ingredients just until smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- Fill each muffin well with batter. Top with a few extra mini-chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until the brownie bites are slightly firm to touch. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15-20 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling before enjoying. The brownie bites taste best after completely cooling.
- For the optional drizzle: In a microwave-safe, small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave in 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted and drizzly, stirring after each interval. Top each brownie bite with a drizzle of the melted chocolate. Chocolate will harden after it cools.
*Omit walnuts for Nut-free
**Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 mini-muffin
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- (Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 6g)
- Protein: 1g