- 6 ounces fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 2 cups unsweetened plain whole-milk kefir or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender, blend one type of berries until pureed and pourable like liquid. Remove the berry puree to a bowl and rinse out the food processor. Blend the second type of berries and transfer the puree to a bowl.
- Place the kefir in a third bowl. Add the honey and vanilla to the bowl with the kefir and whisk until incorporated.
- Alternate layers of the kefir and berry purees in each popsicle mold. To make swirls, use a You can also blend small amounts of the kefir and berries together and then pour into the mold.
Have fun with the popsicle creation process! Remember that (like snowflakes) no two swirl popsicles are exactly alike.
This makes about 30 ounces, so depending on the size of your popsicle mold, you will get roughly 10 to 15 popsicles. If you’re using a 3-ounce popsicle mold, like what we show in the photos, you will have enough to make 10 popsicles.
You could use vanilla-flavored yogurt and omit the honey and vanilla. Flavored kefir does contain added sugars so we chose to use unsweetened kefir so that we could reduce the total amount of sweetener in these popsicles.
To make popsicles that are dairy-free, replace kefir with 1 14-ounce can of canned coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1 3-ounce popsicle
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 2 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- (Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 7 g)
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg