- 2 (9-ounce) bags classic romaine salad mix, or 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved, or 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup pepperoncinis
- ¾ cup large black olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese*
- 1 cup croutons of choice**
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise***
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey****
- ½ teaspoon fine salt + more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine salad mix, tomatoes, pepperoncinis, black olives, red onion, Parmesan, and croutons.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad (recommend starting with about half of it) and toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*For dairy-free, omit the Parmesan cheese
**For gluten-free, omit the croutons, or use gluten-free croutons
***For vegan, omit the Parmesan and use vegan mayo in the dressing
****For Whole30, omit the Parmesan and croutons in the salad, and omit the honey in the dressing
Store leftover salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for 1 day. Or, for fresher salad, store the salad ingredients and the dressing ingredients separately, and toss together only the amount you’ll eat in one sitting. Toss together when ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of salad with dressing
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 13 g
- (Sat Fat: 3 g)
- Sodium: 585 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 2 g)
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg