Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 medium avocado, ripe – peeled and pit removed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil, roughly chopped
- 1–2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 3/4 cups cubed cooked chicken (~3/4 lb.) – leftover chicken or turkey works great!
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup grapes, halved or ¼ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ½ apple, diced (~½ cup)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped or nuts of choice
- In a blender or food processor, blend the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy, scraping sides as needed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, red onion, grapes, apples, and nuts.
- Stir in avocado dressing with other ingredients. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of a bed of greens, in a lettuce wrap or on top of cucumber slices.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 22 g