For the Stir Fry:
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced round bottom steak (or skirt steak)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup snap peas (or snow peas)
- 1 sliced red pepper
- ¾ cup water chestnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the sliced beef and set aside.
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beef with the sauce in an even layer and cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove the beef and set aside.
- Let the liquid simmer in the skillet for about 1 minute to reduce down. Add the minced garlic, green onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes until lightly sautéed.
- Add snap peas, red pepper and water chestnuts to the skillet and additional coconut aminos if needed. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until fork tender.
- Place beef back into the skillet, stir to combine and evenly coat and cook another 2 minutes until beef is hot.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! You can serve it over cauliflower rice, greens, zoodles or if not on a Whole30, white rice is also an option.
*Recipe note: Beef doesn’t need to be completely cooked through before removing it from the pan. It will get added back in at the end and cooked thoroughly.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 550mg
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 5g)
- Protein: 40g