- 8 large seedless watermelon cubes or ¾ lb. – 1 lb. (about 1 – 1 ½ cups juice)
- 2 oz. lime juice or juice of 1 lime (~¼ cup)
- 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar (optional – taste the watermelon juice before adding)
- 15–20 mint leaves (~ ⅓ cup)
- 3–4 ½ oz white rum* (substitute sparkling water or kombucha for a mocktail version)
- sparkling water (regular or lime flavor)
- In a blender, add the watermelon cubes. Blend until smooth, achieving a juice consistency.
- If watermelon juice appears pulpy, pour through a mesh strainer into a mason jar or large glass. This step is optional.
- To the mason jar or glass with the watermelon juice, add the lime juice and optional sweetener. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mint leaves among 2-3 tall glass. With the end of a wooden spoon or a muddle, muddle the mint. Essentially you want to smash the mint leaves until all leaves are darker in color and slightly wilted. Feel free to add a small squeeze of lime juice during this step to help the leaves breakdown easier.
- Fill each glass 3/4 full with ice. Divide the watermelon lime juice among the 2-3 glasses. Add 1.5 oz. of white rum to each glass. For a mocktail, use sparkling water in place of the rum. Top each glass off with a splash of sparkling water (lime flavor works great!).
- Stir and enjoy!
To make ahead: Feel free to make the watermelon juice up to 48 hours in advance. Juice will separate so you’ll want to give it a quick stir before making the drinks.
*To make as a mocktail: Omit the rum and replace with sparkling water or kombucha, if desired
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 0 g
- (Sat Fat: 0 g)
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 13 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 9 g)
- Protein: 1 g