Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 1½ Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (ghee, avocado oil, olive oil)
- 2 medium (8 oz. each) sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, roughly chopped (heaping cups)
- 4 slices uncured bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/3–1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo* (see homemade Chipotle Lime Mayo recipe below)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Add 1 Tbsp. of cooking fat to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add cubed sweet potatoes. Dash with a little sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes stirring throughout. Sweet potatoes should be cooked through.
- Then add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp. cooking fat, diced pepper, sliced onion, and garlic. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Then add kale and chopped bacon and sauté for 2-3 minutes longer until kale is slightly wilted.
- Transfer to a bowl (or leave in skillet) and gently stir in Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo. Serve warm. Leftovers can be served warm or cold for up to 5 days.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions, if desired.
Homemade Chipotle Lime Mayo recipe:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- ⅛ tsp. chipotle powder + more to taste
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (heaping 1/2 cup)
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Carbohydrate: 20 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 4 g