For the Salad:
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup of water
- 4–5 cups shredded mix of cabbage (any color), carrots, broccoli slaw
- 1 cup sliced snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts*, rough chopped + additional for topping
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter*
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (may sub tamari)
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger (may sub ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (may sub ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Warm water if needed
For the quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer with water.
- In a small pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and water. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Gently reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until all water is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from heat, cover the pot, and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Uncover the pot and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set it aside to cool.
For the salad and dressing:
- In a bowl combine the cabbage mix, snap peas, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, peanuts, sesame seeds, and cooled quinoa.
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients and whisk mix together well. If needed, add warm water 1 teaspoon at a time to achieve a smooth dressing like consistency. This will depend on the consistency of the peanut butter used.
- Pour dressing over the salad and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, top with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
How to store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
*for peanut-free use sunflower seed butter and sunflower seeds.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (1 1/2 cups)
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 16 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Carbohydrate: 23 g
- (Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 10 g