- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1½ tsp. lemongrass paste (found in the produce section; may substitute 2 tsp. lime juice + 1 tsp. lemon juice if can’t find or for Whole30-compliant)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6–7 cups kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium carrot (~3/4 cup), peeled and shredded or julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry roasted cashews, chopped
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Place kale in a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Using your hands, massage the kale with a kneading motion until leaves start to wilt and become slightly shiny or wet-looking (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add carrots through cilantro, then pour dressing over all. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped cashews just before serving. Serve with lime wedges.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g