- 12 cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies or Monster Cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups ice cream of choice, just soft enough to scoop (dairy-free ice cream if needed)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate bar
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped salted nuts (optional)
- Plastic wrap
- Gather ingredients and set up the ice cream sandwich making station in this order: Cookies (must be cooled) –> Ice cream and scoop –> plate or shallow bowl of chocolate chips, pretzels and optional nuts –> then the plastic wrap.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of ice cream on the bottom of a cookie. Top with another cookie and with the palm of the hand gently press the top cookie down slightly to sandwich. Smooth ice cream out with fingers if needed.
- Roll sandwich in pretzels, chocolate chips and optional nut or use hands to press into the ice cream.
- Enjoy sandwich or if making to enjoy later, place sandwich on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the sandwich in the plastic wrap and place immediately in the freezer before moving onto the next sandwich.
- To enjoy from frozen: remove from the freezer and allow the sandwich to set at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up just bit.
**Nutrition information is based off using the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies made a little smaller – a batch of 30 versus 24 that the recipe calls for.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 9 g