Servings: 12 servings 1x
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato puree
- 1 banana, mashed (~⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup almond butter, room temperature (may substitute any nut or seed butter of choice)
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour (may sub with protein powder)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt (decrease to ¼ tsp. if nut butter contains salt)
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup optional add-ins – chocolate chips, dried cranberries, dried cherries, raisins, or coconut flakes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with oil.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potato, banana and almond butter; stir until smooth.
- Next add the whole eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Lastly mix in the coconut flour, almond flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly, filling each of the 12 muffin wells about half full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 8 g
- Sodium: 210 mg
- Carbohydrate: 12 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 7 g)
- Protein: 5 g