For the Salad:
- 1 1/4–1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and shredded
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup; may substitute red onion)
- 6 thin strips bacon or (4 thick), crisp-cooked and chopped
- ⅓ cup Made In Nature Deglet Noor Dates
- ⅓ cup smoked almonds, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ small orange, juiced
- 1 Made In Nature Deglet Noor Date
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup avocado oil (may substitute olive oil)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme (or ¾ – 1 tsp. fresh thyme)
*Smoked almonds can also be used in this recipe to make it vegan though they are NOT Whole30-compliant
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients (lemon juice through thyme) in a blender container. Blend until emulsified and smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Add shallots, bacon and chopped dates. Toss to combine, using your fingers to separate the dates if they’ve clumped together.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Add almonds just before serving and toss well to combine.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 261mg
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g)
- Protein: 5g