Servings: 4 servings 1x
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (or 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari + 2 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar (may substitute honey)
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced (may substitute ⅛ teaspoon dried ginger)
- 4 cups thinly sliced or julienned vegetables (such as 1 cup carrots, 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup snow peas, 1 cup red bell pepper)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 ¼ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti noodles (use gluten-free pasta, if needed)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Place a large pot of water over heat and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the uncooked noodles. Cook according to package directions then drain noodles and set aside. Do not rinse.
- While the noodles cook, prepare the sauce by whisking together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the skillet and swirl to coat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove the chicken from the pan to a clean plate.
- To the same skillet add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and swirl to coat. Add the carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, bell pepper, and the white parts of the onions. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and noodles to the pan along with the sauce. Toss to coat. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information calculated using whole wheat pasta. Using enriched pasta or rice pasta reduces the fiber to 4 grams per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/5th recipe (1 heaping cup)
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 9 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Carbohydrate: 45 g
- (Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg