- 1 cups (8 ounces) water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemonade
- 1 peppermint green tea bag
- 1 peach herbal tea bag
- 1 tablespoons pure honey
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat the water and lemonade in a small saucepan on the stovetop. Alternatively, you can heat the liquids in a large mug in the microwave or use a tea kettle. Bring the water to a barely-there simmer.
- Add the two tea bags to the liquid and let them steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and peppermint extract.
- Pour the drink into a mug and enjoy it warm.
The Medicine Ball Tea (also known as the Honey Citrus Mint Tea) that you can buy at Starbucks uses Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea and Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea (you can buy them here as a set).
However, you can use any brand of green tea and fruity herbal that you like. We recommend an organic brand of tea, such as Traditional Medicinals Peppermint Green Tea and Yogi Peach DeTox Tea, which are both organic options.
Lower Sugar Option: Follow the recipe as written above, but use 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup lemonade instead. This version contains 85 calories, 0 g fat, 2 mg sodium, 20 g carb (17 g sugars), 0 g protein, 0 mg cholesterol
Lemon Juice Option: Follow the recipe as written above, but use 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (the juice of about 1 small lemon). This version contains 72 calories, 0 g fat, 2 mg sodium, 19 g carb (16 g sugars), 0 g protein, 0 mg cholesterol
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 0 g
- (Sat Fat: 0 g)
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbohydrate: 32 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 30 g)
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g