Servings: Serves 4 as a side dish 1x
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 5–6 cups cooked)
- 1 ½ Tbsp.olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, etc. – may substitute with 1 Tbsp. dried herbs of choice)
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds and stringy insides using a large spoon.
- Place squash cut-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to safely handle.
- Use a fork to scrape from top to bottom to remove the strands of squash. Place squash in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil just until it starts to shimmer. Add garlic and cook 30-60 seconds being careful not to let it burn.
- Toss squash with olive oil, garlic, herbs and pine nuts. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with grated parmesan cheese, if using.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g)
- Protein: 4g