Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 lbs), patted dry
- 1 (12-ounce) bag raw broccoli florets (6-7 cups)
- ½ medium red onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (for egg-free use vegan mayo or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of fine salt and black pepper
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 450℉ with the pan in the oven. Preheating the baking sheet helps the ingredients cook evenly.
- While the oven preheats, place broccoli florets and onion in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Make the rub: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and chipotle powder.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining 1 teaspoon of the oil. Sprinkle all over with the seasoning rub.
- When the oven is preheated, use an oven mitt to carefully remove the hot sheet pan from the oven. Spray the sheet pan with cooking spray. Spread the vegetables in an even layer on the baking sheet, leaving spaces for the chicken thighs. Nestle the chicken thighs among the vegetables.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the vegetables and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165℉ on an instant read thermometer, about 5 minutes more.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Honey-Mustard Sauce by combining the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, coconut aminos, thyme, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve Honey-Mustard Sauce with chicken and vegetables. Any leftover sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe with sauce
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 19 g
- (Sat Fat: 4 g)
- Sodium: 655 mg
- Carbohydrate: 14 g
- (Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg